cannot find how to share a map?? (Read 71 times)

runner987

Hi!  I have tried both IE and Firefox, but I cannot figure out how to get a link to share a route map (set up under Courses) with others.  I have set the course to be public (globe icon NOT the lock icon).  The only thing I could find to send was this link:  https://www.runningahead.com/logs/c7ce178eab02490d8d035fa3874262c8/courses/01f2c6fb38d14f0c9679acdbce76c742/edit

but they could not open it.

I have seen other links that look like this one below that seem to work, but I don't know where to get a link like this one for my course map??

https://www.runningahead.com/maps/a437fe77c4f14d339fdeb798a01e57de?unit=km

Please let me know the way to get the URL that can be shared for a public map.  Thanks!

mikeymike

Are you clicking the "Publish" button? That should be where you get the link.

Runners run

runner987

Unfortunately I do not see a publish button.  Can you let me know where I should see it?  Is it on the course page near the map?  I've tried IE & Firefox and have hovered over all the icons but do not see it.  Thanks!

eric :)

runner987,

When you view the course, there should be several buttons on the upper right corner of the page.  The Publish button would be one of them if the map is set to public.  Publicly viewable maps have with a globe icon next to the course's name, as opposed to the lock icon.

eric Smile

runner987,

When you view the course, there should be several buttons on the upper right corner of the page.  The Publish button would be one of them if the map is set to public.  Publicly viewable maps have with a globe icon next to the course's name, as opposed to the lock icon.

eric Smile

I had this same question a while ago and could not figure out for a long time that the publish button is available only when viewing the course and not when editing it.

runner987

Thank you very much - that is exactly what I was doing wrong.  I was in Edit mode and in that mode there is no Publish button.  I put it in Display mode and I can now see the Publish button.  THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

an amazing likeness

Related question -- if I add a map to a course, how do I delete it?  I have a few (race) courses which have since changed the route and don't see how to change the map.

Delete the course and re-create from one the map in one workouts which has the current course map is one approach which worked.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Or create a new course called AwesomeRun Course B, or AwesomeRun 2014?