Marshall Marathon (Read 631 times)

Virginia Beach - 2007

Is anyone running the Marshall Marathon in WV this fall? http://healthyhuntington.org/Registration/tabid/412/Default.aspx Or, has anyone run it already and have some advice?
    Kevin S. Spencer
    spencersRus.com

Virginia Beach - 2007

no?
      Kevin S. Spencer
      spencersRus.com
      va

Hi Kevin, sorry, never ran it. Will be doing Richmind (my 1st) on 11/10. I checked their web site. Looks like a good race. Flat and fast. Choice of fleece pull-over or long sleeve technical T. Finish at the stadium. Looks like a good option for me in the future. Be sure to post a race report if you run it. You a Virginian? I am near Charlottesville...

Virginia Beach - 2007

I ran Richmond the last two years. I LOVED it. It had everything. My memories of Richmond. The scenery changes just enough to get you moving. Love the 'greenway' about mile 8-10. Very shady! Love the WALL at mile 20. A literal WALL that leads into a wonderful, nice neighborhood. Love the downhill finish! PS. I am here in Roanoke. Not too far.
          Kevin S. Spencer
          spencersRus.com
            Is anyone running the Marshall Marathon in WV this fall? http://healthyhuntington.org/Registration/tabid/412/Default.aspx Or, has anyone run it already and have some advice?
            One of my best pals ran it last year, and plans on doing it again this year. He said it's a wonderful event, with a fast course. He got his BQ there (3:15:54), by a mere 5 seconds, then ran a 3:12 something in Boston '07. He shooting for a sub 3:00 at Marshall this year.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Virginia Beach - 2007

Thanks! It sounds fun, I am signed up! Although I will be BEHIND your friend Big grin
              Kevin S. Spencer
              spencersRus.com
                Thanks! It sounds fun, I am signed up! Although I will be BEHIND your friend Big grin
                It won't matter. Marathoners are winners regardless of what the clock says. Best of luck to you. The race is only 100 miles from me so I may show up as a cheerleader. I'll be sure to let you know if I plan to come.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Virginia Beach - 2007

My license plate says FINISHR. It does not say winner. I am not fast but I can go FORWARD.
                  Kevin S. Spencer
                  spencersRus.com
                    My license plate says FINISHR. It does not say winner. I am not fast but I can go FORWARD.
                    That's totally cool. I really want to come and either just cheer for my pal and any forum friends that race or maybe run the half and be at the finish for everyone. I'm taking a marathon PR shot in Louisville (3:22 is time to beat) on 10/21 and running rabbit in the Philly Marathon on 11/18. I could run a respectable half on 11/04. If not, I'd sure have fun just being there.