Don't Hate Me If You Just Got a Garmin... (Read 1456 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Awww...SHIT! Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wait...is that a member's only price? We're not members, anyhow. I wish we had Costco around here...I hate supporting Sam's/WM. k

~ Sarah Kay

t_runner

Wow that's cheap!! With the $50 rebate that's $130! Shocked Kirsten - the website says "Non-members pay a 5% surcharge for costco.com purchases"
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow that's cheap!! With the $50 rebate that's $130! Shocked Kirsten - the website says "Non-members pay a 5% surcharge for costco.com purchases"
            Double damn...why did my Google Products search not return Costco? Costco must not be a participating vendor...and I didn't even think to look there. Wow, that's such a steal, even with the 5% surcharge! k

~ Sarah Kay

Wow - I just picked up a 205 from WalMart (online orders only) for $159 and I thought I was doing good!! Plus, now I have the tough part... it's my Christmas present, so I have to wait until the fat guy in the red suit puts it under the tree. **sigh**

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Oh well, $20 isn't going to break the bank.

Run to Win
                25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

GP160

Wow that's cheap!! With the $50 rebate that's $130!
                  What $50 rebate? How do you get that???
                  Ironman Louisville 8-30-09
                  GP160

Nevermind...I found the rebate coupon...its only good on purchases from June 1, 2007 to Nov 30, 2007...must be post marked by Dec 30, 2007. I think I am holding off on the wetsuit purchase to buy this!!!!!!
                    t_runner

Gwen - your puppy is so cute!!! Aren't dogs wonderful running partners! Back to topic... I was at least able to pass this deal along to my little brother.. he was staring wistfully at mine during a recent race, so now I can use our membership to get him this awesome deal. Thanks Lynn! JVol.. if you can, I would highly suggest exchanging! I had a 201 (not sure how different it is from a 205) but the 305 is vastly improved as far as accuracy with the satellite reception. I returned my 201 after 2 weeks of running with it, but now I am addicted to my 305 like I can't imagine running without it.
                      GP160

Ok, just bought one from the COSTCO website. I had someone at work who is a member put in on their account for me. With tax the total was $190.47 and with the rebate that works out to $140.47. Not too shabby. I like the fact that you can use it for biking too. Happy Birthday to me...just a month and a half early!
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I like the fact that you can use it for biking too.
                          Heh...my hubby kept teasing me about my "silly" Garmin...until I did ONE run with it, uploaded the data to Motion Based, then showed him the elevation profile and all the other stats it displays. Now he has decided he wants to borrow it for bike rides from time to time. I think for his birthday that I will get the kit for attaching it to the bike. Or he can probably just wear it on his wrist (not sure if that angle would mess with the antenna thingie, though). k

~ Sarah Kay

GP160

Yes, I am kicking myself now because I bought a cycle computer for my bike this summer $30 and just bought an Ironman wrist watch $30 a few weeks ago. I could have combined the two and put it toward the garmin! Evil grin Oh well...these things happen. At least I can wear my watch in a triathlon, where I don't think the garmin is water proof..... I'll have to have the hubby get me the bike attachment for the garmin when I get my new bike.....(if i get a new bike)

At least I can wear my watch in a triathlon, where I don't think the garmin is water proof..... I'll have to have the hubby get me the bike attachment for the garmin when I get my new bike.....(if i get a new bike)
                              Nope, the Garmin is not waterproof. It is rated fine for wearing out in the rain, but the manual specifically states that you shouldn't wear it while swimming.
                              I think for his birthday that I will get the kit for attaching it to the bike. Or he can probably just wear it on his wrist (not sure if that angle would mess with the antenna thingie, though).
                              I'll have to have the hubby get me the bike attachment for the garmin when I get my new bike.....(if i get a new bike)
                              The attachment for the bike actually measures your power output and cadence and includes those stats when you upload to your computer.

Run to Win
                              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

derek

Nevermind...I found the rebate coupon...its only good on purchases from June 1, 2007 to Nov 30, 2007...must be post marked by Dec 30, 2007.
                                Do you have the link to the rebate form? I did a quick Google search, but the only forms I found seem to have expired back in May or June. There's still a few days to buy before the Nov 30 deadline. I have a 305, but my sister might be interested in getting one for herself. Thanks Derek

Derek