Bozo 800, the new revolutionary interval training (Read 82 times)

Black-Toe-Nailed

Oh yes!
    I did it!

I run an awesome Bozo 800... this interval consists in running 10x 0.5 miles at a time that's in minutes the same than your target marathon pace in hours plus 0.5 miles jogging. I bet most of you already got it. LOL.

Well, this interval can predict two things with 100% accuracy:

a) That you are able to jog 0.5 miles at a snail tempo and repeat it for several times until you realize that you are doing it wrong and...

b) that the author of this entry is stupid-stupid-stupid....

Of course, my intention was to assess my current fitness level with a Yasso 800 and aiming at a 3:42 marathon target time, that's 10% above my current PR on the road and what I expect to achieve in a cross-country marathon. But well. Got up early this morning, set up my garmin after a cup of coffee (not strong enough as it seems) got out for the run and after 8 intervals I was wondering why I was feeling so fresh and nice, until the sad truth seeped into my brain... too late, I was almost done. I ran the remaining intervals and headed home... forgetting to switch the darn garmin back on and missing a whole mile.

But hell, it was a  very fun run and it felt so awesome even if useless because the recoveries were below my recovery pace and the fast intervals not fast enough to be proper lactate intervals. But well, my actual training starts this week, so nothing is lost and I did well in last weeks cooper test. So, I'm happy Wink

--

"If one can stick to the training throughout the many long years,
    then will power is no longer a problem. It's raining? That doesn't matter.
    I am tired? That's besides the point. It's simply that I just have to."

Emil Zatopek