The rape of Petty Officer Blumer (Read 264 times)

zonykel

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-rape-of-petty-officer-blumer-20130214

Over the last year, we've had 3 training sessions at my command regarding sexual assault prevention. I also got a chance to watch the documentary "the invisible war" (recommended).

just today, we got the link above from one of our flag officers.

quite honestly, it is sad and disappointing to see how we treat victims of sexual assault. It will take a long time to improve this situation. Training alone won't do it.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

That's a horrific story, and I fear all too common.  The occasional incident has been reaching the public for decades, and lip service is given to change, but the culture of coverup, control, and silence is deeply ingrained.  There are a lot of men who should be in prison.

zonykel

That's a horrific story, and I fear all too common.  The occasional incident has been reaching the public for decades, and lip service is given to change, but the culture of coverup, control, and silence is deeply ingrained.  There are a lot of men who should be in prison.

There is a brig where I worked. I heard the someone who works there saying that about half the inmates are sex offenders (Not necessarily guilty of rape).