Twin Cities Runners Help me Find a Running Store Please (Read 1200 times)

Lisa3.1

I went to Marathon Sports recently and the person there knew just what I needed after a quick introduction.
    Lisa3.1

Lisa, Where in MN are you? I'm right by the U of M (in Prospect Park)...would love to find someone around my level to run with. I've been doing more cross-training than anything this winter, but need to start to do 2-3 mile runs 3-4 times a week. I love running around Lake Harriet; I can't wait until it's warm enough to do that again! I think I might try to go tomorrow, actually....30 degrees is good enough for me. Lauren
      Hi Lauren I didn't see that until now. I am so sorry. I know where Prospect Park is -- I used to be close to there and a best friend was in Prospect Park and worked for Signature Cafe. That was YEARS ago. More often than not, I go to Lake Calhoun. I also go to Lake of the Isles and Lake Harriet.
      Darla1

I also LOVE Run-N-Fun. I'm from Dennison, MN a small farming community in South Easter MN. Anyone running Twin Cities this fall? This is my first marathon, I'm excited, but nervous. Is the hill at the end as awful as it looks? Darla
        Lisa3.1

I also LOVE Run-N-Fun. I'm from Dennison, MN a small farming community in South Easter MN. Anyone running Twin Cities this fall? This is my first marathon, I'm excited, but nervous. Is the hill at the end as awful as it looks? Darla
          Hi Darla You're not far from Saint Olaf. I was in Faribault for a few years, years ago. I am running the 5k that wknd.
            The hill down to the State Capital is a breeze ... or were you refering to the climb up Summit Ave? Big grin Summit is not the most enjoyable part of the course ... not sure if it's the hill so much as the time in the race when it shows up. My (fuzzy) recollections from my two TCMs is that mile 20-25 is a series of up and a few downs. Overall it's a great race. Well run and there are tons of fans to spur you on when you get tired. Good luck and I'll see you on the 5th of Oct.
            Darla1

Hi Lisa - I work at Olaf any my daughter is a senior there. Too funny!!! Good luck in your run. It will be here before we know it now! Also thanks to MN-26p ( I think I got that right) for the advice for TC this fall. This is my very first marathon. We did the New Prague half in May, had so much fun thought what the heck. Not as we are starting the first of some pretty long runs, my girlfriend and I are thinking "what have we done"!!! The ending of the marathon has me a bit freaked out. The area we run in has LOTS of hills. Hopefully that will prepare us. Nice to meet other MN runners here! Darla
                Hi Lisa - I work at Olaf any my daughter is a senior there. Too funny!!! Good luck in your run. It will be here before we know it now! Also thanks to MN-26p ( I think I got that right) for the advice for TC this fall. This is my very first marathon. We did the New Prague half in May, had so much fun thought what the heck. Not as we are starting the first of some pretty long runs, my girlfriend and I are thinking "what have we done"!!! The ending of the marathon has me a bit freaked out. The area we run in has LOTS of hills. Hopefully that will prepare us. Nice to meet other MN runners here! Darla
                Hey Darla, If the "hills" have you a little freaked, you don't need to be. If you go for a training run from Franklin to Summit up to Snelling and back, it should help quell any worries. It also a nice place to run.
                And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine

Bugs

I'm running it! I ran it two years ago as my first marathon. It is rolling hills, and at the end I was too tired to notice; I just ran. The hills are badly placed, but the course is not that hard. For the most part I don't do hill repeats, just run on a rolling path and work a couple big hills (.75mile long) into my LRs and one weekly run. I think it's important to allow yourself some extra time for those hills but they are nothing to worry about. We should start a group or thread just for Twin Cities. I'd like to hear how everyone's training is going.

Bugs

Darla1

I love the idea of starting a thread on Twin Cities running. It is so nice to hear from other people who have run TC before. We have been running hills, hard to avoid them around my house. I do need to seek out some longer hills, though. I'm going to try to get to get to the cities and run the Franklin to Summit up to Snelling route. I'm not that familiar with the cities. Is this a piece of the marathon route? Thank you all for the support and info!
                      I'm going to try to get to get to the cities and run the Franklin to Summit up to Snelling route. I'm not that familiar with the cities. Is this a piece of the marathon route? Thank you all for the support and info!
                      It is. If you're looking at the elevation chart, that would be the elevation change. I live near that area and run that route probably 2-3 times/week. I wouldn't consider it hill training, but some up and down. http://www.runningahead.com/maps/a76bf903417e4873bbe03ae5726f99e4
                      And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
                        Ok ... I just created a group for the Twin Cities Marathon. Let the discussions begin. http://www.runningahead.com/groups/tcm