New Password (Read 134 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I want to change my Account Info, but it asks for a password change.  How do I get around this?  I don't want to change my password.

Whst browser? I think I recall having this problem and it turned out to be a bug with chrome. I was able to update my info from IE (which apparently still exists.)

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I know I've had the same issue in the not-too-distant past with Safari.  I think maybe Eric had said it was a Mac issue.  Off the top of my head I don't recall how I resolved it.

Yeah, I'm not of much help, other than to maybe help narrow-down if it's an OS or browser-specific dealio.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

eric :)

Hi Jerryb49,

The problem is with your browser being too helpful.  It sees a password field and decides to fill it.  I looked into telling the browser to not auto-fill but a few versions ago, Chrome started ignoring the request.  I am not aware of any programmatic workarounds at this time.  You can get around it by clearing the password field(s).

eric Smile

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Yes, I am using Safari on the iPad, so I just used IE on my laptop.  Thanks for your help.