ran 26 miles today! (Read 1077 times)

Today I did my 26 mile training run! (Jeff Galloway style)  it was awesome.  We have 1 more to do Nov 1...although we ran it MUCH slower than I will for the marathon it was great to feel what that mileage feels like!
      what does it mean "Jeff Galloway style?"
        Galloway is a run/walk program.  His training you actually run the full marathon length prior to the actual race.  So we run for 3 min, walk for 1 for 26 miles.  I LOVE the program.  A lot of people dislike it, but it works great for me. 
          Outstanding!  Congrats!

“Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory." - Mahatma Gandhi

redleaf

That is wonderful! Congrats

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Get Lost :)

In Galloway, can you change up the ratios? Because only running for 3 minutes doesn't at all sound fun to me, unless I suppose if you're running very hard for 3 minutes ....
              runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats!

J G style. Walk 1 minute for each mile. The pace does not matter.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

you really can run any intervals you want, but my group calculates your pace/run-walk ratios from timed mile trials.  You really have to read the book to understand it all.  It is not for everyone but I love it. 
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I ran my last marathon Galloway style.  I ran the first 7 miles, then walked the next 18, then ran the last mile.

Criminy.

Wink

I ran my last marathon Galloway style.  I ran the first 7 miles, then walked the next 18, then ran the last mile.

Criminy.

Wink

Rhetorical question: do you think Galloway ever trained that way? 

Rhetorical question: do rhetorical questions add value?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

It doesn't matter if Galloway ever trained that way.  People who are using his training method aren't elites.  They are simple utilizing the method to stay fit and push themselves beyond their running only boundaries.

Although I am not interested in the method, I congratulate you on a great 26 miles and hope you continue to enjoy running.  That's why we're all here after all, a love of running.

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Criminy.

Wink

Probably Galloway only trained that way when training in 100F+ weather Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Nice job on a huge milestone!!!
                                Nice job, Kerry. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus