Which car should Dave get? (Read 238 times)

xhristopher

In Dave's original post "Should I get a car/which car?" he asked "Should I get a car/which car?"

Expert's on the matter discussed the merits of different makes and models. Nobody addressed the first part of his question, "Should I get a car?" so clearly the answer is YES. Let's decide for him once and for all.

To recap, he's an entitled snob, not a hipster and likes modern, he has twins, a wife who says Audi and BMW drivers are probably d-bags, a big BOB Ironman Dulie, and lots of crap (ie. tri gear that won't be hauled much except when he's hauling it to Lake Placid, NJ, CT, and even Maine), likes sporty 4 door cars, and will be traveling to 5Ks in the Metro New York area.

MTA: Further clarified description of driver and family

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

My pic is not on the list.

Vintage VW Bus - restored, of course.

- OR -

On a more practical note: Honda Element. Love this little SUV.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

No Talent Drips

To recap, he's a snob

I just don't get the Subaru/Camry votes given your first criterion. Pay attention, people.

Dei Gratia

Ostrich runner

While it's not entirely fair to judge a car by the stripped down rental version, I was unpleasantly surprised by a Camry I recently rented. The width of the center console...or perhaps the narrowness of the driver's legroom irritated my knees immediately. In fact, it was one of the least comfortable cars I've ever driven. The competing beige Japanese and Korean four doors were much more comfortable.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

I voted for the Tesla.  --- It is a bit out of the price range mentioned, but has one hell of a feet-heater in the front.....

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

I just don't get the Subaru/Camry votes given your first criterion. Pay attention, people.

RUDE.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

#artbydmcbride

Ford Escape!

Runners run

Write in vote: Range Rover. You'll save a fortune on gas since it'll be in the shop 80% of the time.

A Saucy Wench

Depends what kind of snob you are.  In the PNW Subarus are owned by the crunchy snob.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

kcam

In Dave's original post "Should I get a car/which car?" he asked "Should I get a car/which car?"

Expert's on the matter discussed the merits of different makes and models. Nobody addressed the first part of his question, "Should I get a car?" so clearly the answer is YES. Let's decide for him once and for all.

To recap, he's a snob, likes modern, he has twins, a wife, a BOB Ironman Dulie, and lots of crap (ie. tri gear), likes sporty 4 door cars, and will be traveling to 5Ks in the Metro New York area.

Will he be bringing all of his tr-crap to the 5Ks?  That may make me change my answer from Subaru to F250 Diesel with long bed and dual wheels.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Will he be bringing all of his tr-crap to the 5Ks?  That may make me change my answer from Subaru to F250 Diesel with long bed and dual wheels.

"all" ==> Doesn't that call for a super duty and trailer hitch and big enough trailer to haul the other 10 bicycles etc?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xhristopher

So far I've learned from this poll that Subaru should offer a diesel in the US.  Even better, a plug-in hybrid diesel!

So far I've learned from this poll that Subaru should offer a diesel in the US.  Even better, a plug-in hybrid diesel!

Sounds like a Liebherr Mini could work too.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                            We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Why is it sideways?

Dave should buy this jewel.

Dave should buy this jewel.

How did you find that Jeff?  That was great.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life