Well there is a new baby (Read 723 times)

in the house. The weather was terrible on Sunday so I had decided on running a long run instead of spending $30 on a race that I would probably not enjoy very much. Well didn't get the long run in either. Instead dh had an awesome idea. Something we had been talking about and already looking into and that was get a puppy. Since dh will be in Ontario for 4 days each week for the next 9 weeks now was the time. I'd be able to establish myself as the alpha in the house (since dh is out of the country 4 days a week) and I'd have some companionship for when the kids are sleeping. Well we got Kallie. She's an 8 week old Golden Retriever. Looks like she may be the easiest kid I've had to potty train (only 1 accident since we got her on Sunday morning) Isn't she adorable Big grin Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I was gonna say awwww, but my company blocks many of the sites that I frequent, so I'll have to save that for tonight when I get home. I'm sure Kallie is very adorable.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, Pam, she is sweet! Are you going to eventually have a furry running buddy? I'll bet she'd love that! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

she is so cute!!
            Oh, Pam, she is sweet! Are you going to eventually have a furry running buddy? I'll bet she'd love that! Smile k
            Eventually . From what I've read we'll have to wait until she's around 2. Until then I'll have to be happy with taking her for walks.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Wingz

Professional Noob

I was gonna say awwww, but my company blocks many of the sites that I frequent, so I'll have to save that for tonight when I get home. I'm sure Kallie is very adorable.
              I'll say it for ya. Awwwwwww! How cute!

Roads were made for journeys...

Congrats on your new addition! She is adorable. (How did you get a puppy to lie still that long and not eat your rugs or stuffed animals?) Can I come visit? Tongue I hear you can start them running at 1 year (12 months) - start with 1/2 a mile 3 days a week and increase by 1/2 a mile a week until she can run farther than you. Then you have a pace-dog to keep you motivated all year long! (Check with your vet first! Especially since goldens can have hip problems which might mean she needs to increase slower or something.) My canine clock is ticking so loudly!
                Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!
                    awwww Blush she's adorable! we are on our third golden...our second Tonka, LOL! we are very challenged in the name department!

Jennifer mm#1231

Oh boy! As if I didn't have puppy fever enough already!! Smile Golden retrievers are the best, aren't they? Our neighbor got a retriever puppy this summer (a male- "Rufus"!) and at 11 wks he was bigger than my 4 yr old. I just about died when she showed me pics of Rufus and Oliver, their cat, wrestling around. Apparently it's something they do pretty often! And Oliver's not big! Big grin I would love to get a lab or retriever, but think we're going to try to get a smaller dog like a terrier. When we were at a super bowl party this past Sunday, someone there told me she was the new owner of a little terrier puppy. She said when she got it, it fit in the palm of her hand. That sorta made me nervous. Knowing me, I'd lose it! I don't know what it is with babies and puppies though...get around them and get the fever!! LOL Big grin Congrats on your new "baby"!!
                        I guess you have to change your name to Rocking Mama of Six now!
                          Congrats on your new addition! She is adorable. (How did you get a puppy to lie still that long and not eat your rugs or stuffed animals?) Can I come visit? Tongue I hear you can start them running at 1 year (12 months) - start with 1/2 a mile 3 days a week and increase by 1/2 a mile a week until she can run farther than you. Then you have a pace-dog to keep you motivated all year long! (Check with your vet first! Especially since goldens can have hip problems which might mean she needs to increase slower or something.) My canine clock is ticking so loudly!
                          Thanks, come on over lol. She seems to do ALOT of sleeping and she doesn't even care what she may be sleeping on. As for chewing anytime she tries to chew on something she gets one of her chew toys shoved in her face (not literally) by me or one of the kids. I'll definetly be talking to the vet about when I can start her running and having her hips checked out frequently. Here she is sleeping on one of the phones lmao Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

awwww Blush she's adorable! we are on our third golden...our second Tonka, LOL! we are very challenged in the name department!
                            Thanks hun! Tonka is absolutely adorable. So I take it you like Goldens. Guess I'll be coming to you since your the GR "expert"

I guess you have to change your name to Rocking Mama of Six now!
                              lmao Dh has already offered to take the "baby" duty when he gets home Thursday night.

What a sweetie pie! Smile
                                2009: BQ?