The Olympics random thoughts thread (may contain spoilers) (Read 1312 times)

Bolt sure is fast, but he could use a dose of humility. 

Humble like Muhammed Ali?

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Feeling the growl again

Heh.  Smile

Just because you are good enough to be an arrogant JA, does not mean you should.  Or have to be.  

I much preferred Farrah's post-race behavior, personally.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Watching marathon now. At first I saw a Chinese guy winning, but now I see the Brazilian guy is going to win. At least it looks like.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I also think it is pretty neat how they had a drunk guy wander 26 miles through London to make the course.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Feeling the growl again

Watching marathon now. At first I saw a Chinese guy winning, but now I see the Brazilian guy is going to win. At least it looks like.

You need to put the bottle down.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I never cared for his antics either.. and I was very young then.

There was mountain biking? Huh.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Feeling the growl again

There was mountain biking? Huh.

I chose to watch it when my other options were rhythm gymastics (?) or womens' handball.

Seriously, this was a GREAT Olympics (kudos to my British friends) but NBC really sucked.

I chose to watch it when my other options were rhythm gymastics (?) or womens' handball.

Seriously, this was a GREAT Olympics (kudos to my British friends) but NBC really sucked.

+10

The degree to which the BBC live feed was better than NBC coverage was astounding. Complete coverage (a.k.a. no panning away from races/commercials), SIGNIFICANTLY superior commentators, cleaner product, etc.

All I can say is praise God for proxies!

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

Here in Canada we got TSN and also CTV  (Canadian Television )- the audio and video quality of the TSN signal was much better but both seemed to give us an awful lot of diving!

There was individual and synchronized, for men and women, from a low springboard, a high springboard and a high platform, and all the early rounds as well as finals. Hours and hours of what looked like nearly identical dives- other than people whose kids dive are there really that many people who follow this sport?

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

You don't have to finish in 1st place to win. Run to Win, means to get the best out of yourself. Today, I feel like a winner. Thank you for your support!

-Meb

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

#artbydmcbride

Here in Canada we got TSN and also CTV  (Canadian Television )- the audio and video quality of the TSN signal was much better but both seemed to give us an awful lot of diving!

There was individual and synchronized, for men and women, from a low springboard, a high springboard and a high platform, and all the early rounds as well as finals. Hours and hours of what looked like nearly identical dives- other than people whose kids dive are there really that many people who follow this sport?

I have always been a huge fan of the speedo.......... Blush

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

You don't have to finish in 1st place to win. Run to Win, means to get the best out of yourself. Today, I feel like a winner. Thank you for your support!

-Meb

Meb rocks!!

Runners run

kcam

-Meb

I know Meb won't read this but it's therapuetic for me to post this:  

You got that right, Meb.  You came through in the clutch, again, with one of the best races of your life.  4th in the Olympic marathon - Congratulations and thank you.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

-Meb

Just another example of why Meb is a class act and a great voice for the sport.

TRUST THE PROCESS