Asics GT-2160 wear (Read 979 times)

skirunn

Does anyone use Asics GT-2160?  If so, do you find they wear quickly?

Currently, I am getting less than 200 miles out of a pair of 2160s.  The problem may be as I have got older, my gait has changed and I am dragging my right foot.

Anyone know of better stability shoe?

Thanks 

trkane59

Long ago I used the Asics stability shoes with good results but moved to New Balance. I've had good luck with the NB 760 series & now using 860 v2. I am able to get at least 300 miles per pair. I think I could probably get more but get sick of them before they wear out. 

I am also using Nike Structure Triax now & have no complaints. 

I've always have 2 pairs going at the same time. Right now it is the 860 & Nike. 

DoppleBock

I use the 1100 series - all the way from 1050s to now 1160s - I have never noticed a change in wear - In fact I have been getting more and more mileage out of them as my stride improves - I get 600-700 miles out of a pair.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

I tend to rotate 4-6 pair at the same time to make sure they completely dry out before the next wear.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

lagwagon

Hi Ski

It sounds like there could either be some operator error as you suggest, or maybe you just got a pair with defective outsoles.

I easily got 400+ miles on my last pair of 2160s and I'm 6'2-190lbs.  I have been wearing this series off and on for many years with similar results (the midsole seems to wear before the outsole). 

I'm now a couple weeks in 2170s and they still look like new as they start to push 100 miles.

If you are dragging your foot, the blown rubber could certainly wear out faster.

hairshirt knitter

My 2160s are wearing well so far ~500km no great signs of use or feeling worn.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

My last pair of 1260s lasted about 90 miles longer than my previous pair so I got another pair. I really like them. 

What isn't lasting on them? Is it wear on the sole? And what sort of conditions are you running in? 

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

My last pair of 1260s lasted about 90 miles longer than my previous pair so I got another pair. I really like them. 

What isn't lasting on them? Is it wear on the sole? And what sort of conditions are you running in? 

Me too. I got 375 or so miles on one pair and have another in rotation. And I am chubby and slow.

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Hoodoo Guru

I ran in several pair of 2130 and 2140s before switching to other brands due to what I felt was excessive early wear.  Have been pretty please with the Nike's I have been wearing for the past couple of years (although I can't remember which model I currently run in.) 

I'm 6' 3" and about 200 pounds and a heavy heal striker.

The tangents are moot.

oly_runner

Asics 21xx series are stability shoes for light-medium weight persons. I wear/rotate between 3. One for weekend long run and two alternate during week. I'm 5'5 and 135 lbs. It will last about 450 for me.

For heavier persons you should use the kayano or NB.