Is There a demand Here for a Track Forum? (Read 240 times)

bap

Turn right and go faster.

I think those countries representing the of countries of the 2 billion or so people who drive on the left, should be able to run in the opposite direction.

It would certainly make track events more interesting.

Certified Running Coach
    Crocked since 2013

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Which field event will be the first to be discussed?

Discus throwing, of course. We'll have a discourse on it.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Please include hurdles in the discussion, as we (masters) need more pulled hamstrings.

C-R

Please include hurdles in the discussion, as we (masters) need more pulled hamstrings.

and face plants

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

and face plants

Steeple for face plants in water, please

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
            We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Feeling the growl again

Actually I believe that is a group setting that the owner can change.

I was referring to it being one of the open forums like General Running or Racing rather than a user group.  Maybe I was wrong and we're all talking past each other.  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I think those countries representing the of countries of the 2 billion or so people who drive on the left, should be able to run in the opposite direction.

It would certainly make track events more interesting.

Running clockwise has all sorts of implications: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_athletes_run_around_the_track_counter-clockwise

I'm in.

I have 400m dreams.  And if I ever get crazy enough, maybe I'll someday run the 400m hurdles again.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Running clockwise has all sorts of implications: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_athletes_run_around_the_track_counter-clockwise

That sounds like something SJ might have posted.

Just a dude.

Wow, that's a crazy answer.

I thought the answer was much simpler: most people are right handed / legged. Make the strong leg do the extra work.

I've never researched it though...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Feeling the growl again

I feel dumber for having read that.  I want that 15 seconds of my life back.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Oh princess, because I once traded email with a former Navy Seal I am able to comprehend the parallels between the modern Mungo Park human Kenyan women their original pendulum leg swing mechanics versus what I know to be a T-rex running uphill backwards with an ancient giant tortoise in it's mouth despite what the so-called experts may want you to believe.

Once you understand that you will know why humans run counter-clockwise.

Runners run

C-R

Thanks BT.

Next time just Rick Roll us. This was definitely SJ stuff. Feck.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

Oh princess, because I once traded email with a former Navy Seal I am able to comprehend the parallels between the modern Mungo Park human Kenyan women their original pendulum leg swing mechanics versus what I know to be a T-rex running uphill backwards with an ancient giant tortoise in it's mouth despite what the so-called experts may want you to believe.

What you have here is the Cliff's Notes version of every SJ post on this site.  This should be stickied or something in order to save everyone a bunch of time.

Not at it at all. 

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

I was referring to it being one of the open forums like General Running or Racing rather than a user group.  Maybe I was wrong and we're all talking past each other.  Smile

We're talking past each other.  One has to "join group" in order to see the discussions as opposed to just being able to view them.  That is the choice of the group owner.

And, yes.  I'm just too lazy to click it.  You know...  In all of my limited spare time between training for my 5k track marathon running counterclockwise so my heart doesn't explode.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.