2014 Goals / Resolutions (Read 360 times)

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

1.  run 1300 miles

2. get down to 190 miles

3. deadlift 400

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Run4moi, you have certainly faced adversity- hope you have a great year in 2014.

Thanks!  I'm counting on it! 

CT JEFF

2014 Goals

• Run a marathon (and PR at it - sub 3:36:52)  - it'll have been 4 years now since I have run a marathon
        • Run 2,000 miles
        • 5k PR (sub 18:52)
        • PR at Falmouth Road Race (sub 49:24)
        • run 52 13.1 milers during the year

Have you joined Half Fanatics?

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

My running goal was pretty much met this year. Although i didn't maintain the same intensity in which i started out. My goals for the new don't involve running what so ever, but more focused on climbing. As for any resolutions, i should prolly drink ALOT less and bang fewer women.

I met my biggest goal of 2013, a sub 20:00 5K, but missed out on 2000 miles due to an injury in November,  2014 looks like a great year -

1)  No injuries

2)  Run an ultra

3)  2014 miles

4)  Sub 40:00 10K (without ruining goals #1 or #3)

memememe76

In 2013, my main resolution was a sub 1:50 HM. MY PR is approx. 1:41, so I beat that!

For 2014:

1) Sub 1:40 HM.

2) Having a race I have to travel to where not only I enjoyed the run, I also am happy with my time.

3) A long run of at least 16 miles.

4) My favourite cardio kick box instructor is no teaching on the weekend, so I have both days available for my long run. I would like to do two long-ish runs (say, one at 15 miles, the other at 8 miles) on one weekend.

5) Do a race with my dad.

npaden

My lock in goals that I think are fairly attainable are:

1,500 miles (I hit 2,000 this year for the first time ever, but not sure if I can commit the time to do that again or not)

Keep my 100+ miles a month streak going (I just hit 100 miles in December yesterday and that gets me to 22 months in a row now)

Listen to the bible all the way through while I'm running this year. (Depending on the version, it is only 70 or so hours long, I ran 300+ hours this year so this should be easy to do if I plan for it at all.  I've got enough routes mapped out that I can run with all my audio cues on my phone turned off on easy runs and just listen without interruption).

Get back below 200 pounds and stay there.  (I got down to 198 this year but have climbed back up 10 pounds to 208 right now, I think I could get down to 195 if I really worked at it)

Stretch goals:

1:38:15 half marathon.  That's a 7:30 pace.  My PR right now is 1:43:26 (7:54 pace), but that was a pretty tough course.  It is still going to be a stretch to knock almost 30 seconds a mile off though.

Set two course records in the Clydesdale division of our local running club.  I set the course record for the two mile distance at our Turkey Trot race this year with a 13:30 for a 6:45 pace.  There are 4 other course records that I am pretty sure I could beat, but there is a 23 year old Clydesdale runner that is competing very closely with me that runs these shorter distances that I will have to beat to get the course record on these.  There are 4 other course records at longer distances (some are the same race, just the longer distance instead of the shorter distance) that are stretch times for me right now, but if the stars aligned and everything went perfectly that I might have a chance at breaking.

Maybe, just maybe (if I can actually find one that fits my schedule), run a trail ultra.  I may do a day hike up Mt. Whitney with a relative that I think would count toward this as well in my opinion.  That's a 22 mile round trip day hike with 6,000' of ascent.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Anonymous Guest

In no particular order:

1. Sub 21:00 5K (PR = 21:28, but I've run as low as 21:11 as part of a longer race)

2. Top three overall female finish in the very first half marathon I ever ran (2008) in the town where I grew up

3. Figure out the swimming thing and do a tri

4. Sub 3:30 marathon (PR = 3:33:57)

5. Run fewer long races (8 marathons and 4 ultras was just too much for me this year)

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

1.  run 1300 miles

2. get down to 190 miles

3. deadlift 400

--- You have contradictory goals, my friend. :-)

My 2014 Goals:  Stay Healthy, Have Fun.  Also, to hit some new PR's in various race distances.  Also, try and hit 100 miles completed in a 24-hour race.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

CT JEFF

Get back below 200 pounds and stay there.  (I got down to 198 this year but have climbed back up 10 pounds to 208 right now, I think I could get down to 195 if I really worked at it)

Stretch goals:

Set two course records in the Clydesdale division of our local running club.    

Can  you do both of these goals? Over the past 14 months, I got down about 35 lbs. Ran as a Cly in summer 5K and came in 3rd! (first year of running. So far, only win). I looked ahead and 2 races CLY is 220+ and another its 200+. Im 215 today, but want to get to 192-198. I have a Tough Mudder race in May, and I figure, every pound (of fat) I lose is one I dont need to pull up a wall. Smile

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

npaden

For our local running club Clydesdale is 190+.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

CT JEFF

WOO! great first day of the year! one of my goals is to break some PRs. Today I smashed my 10K PR. Really happy with results. FM end of Jan. Looking forward to taking some minutes off my first FM time.

npaden

1,500 miles (I hit 2,000 this year for the first time ever, but not sure if I can commit the time to do that again or not)

Keep my 100+ miles a month streak going (I just hit 100 miles in December yesterday and that gets me to 22 months in a row now)

Listen to the bible all the way through while I'm running this year. (Depending on the version, it is only 70 or so hours long, I ran 300+ hours this year so this should be easy to do if I plan for it at all.  I've got enough routes mapped out that I can run with all my audio cues on my phone turned off on easy runs and just listen without interruption).

Stretch goals:

1:38:15 half marathon.  That's a 7:30 pace.  My PR right now is 1:43:26 (7:54 pace), but that was a pretty tough course.  It is still going to be a stretch to knock almost 30 seconds a mile off though.

Set two course records in the Clydesdale division of our local running club.  I set the course record for the two mile distance at our Turkey Trot race this year with a 13:30 for a 6:45 pace.  There are 4 other course records that I am pretty sure I could beat, but there is a 23 year old Clydesdale runner that is competing very closely with me that runs these shorter distances that I will have to beat to get the course record on these.  There are 4 other course records at longer distances (some are the same race, just the longer distance instead of the shorter distance) that are stretch times for me right now, but if the stars aligned and everything went perfectly that I might have a chance at breaking.

Maybe, just maybe (if I can actually find one that fits my schedule), run a trail ultra.  I may do a day hike up Mt. Whitney with a relative that I think would count toward this as well in my opinion.  That's a 22 mile round trip day hike with 6,000' of ascent.

Looks like I should make all my non-stretch goals.  Already over 1,500 miles and on pace to hit 1,800 for the year.  Keeping my 100+ mile per month streak going, I'm at 33 months now.  Through Ezekiel on listening to the bible while I run.  Going to be tight, but I should make it, and I got back below 200 and held it for the longest I ever had but right now I'm back over 200 (203 this morning) so I need to work to get back below 200 I guess.

On the stretch goals I ended up not meeting any of them.  Sad  Only ran one half marathon on a tough course and actually did worse than last year.  Didn't set any course records this year at all in the running club.  The 24 year old runner broke several of them and I'm going to have to really work to knock those off.  I do still have the course record for the Turkey Trot 2 miler though.  I also signed up to run a trail ultra, but with my broken collarbone in February, I was too worried about re-injuring it after I fell 7 times in the first 20 miles so I ended up DNF'ing.

I guess I'll make those stretch goals my primary goals for 2015 and hopefully be able to take care of them this year although the course records are going to be tough and the 1:38:15 half marathon will take some work too.

Still running.  Got the 10k down to 61:30 and managed a 2:20 half.  Nothing special, but progress.

Adapted from Dorrie in Finding Nemo: Just keep running.  Just keep running...

Secondarily, I'm looking for 60 minute 10K (or similar 5-7 mile result, as there aren't many 10Ks to choose from) and then moving on to a longer distance.

NHLA

I ran alot of races this year. I won, placed, or showed in my AG in every race except two.

All the courses were very hard because I live in the mountains and I can't win a flat race if I tried.

The Cradle to Grave 30k was my only bad race. The course was so hard I twisted my ankle and fell three times before I just slowed down and finished. I will do better next year.

I ran a 1: 43  for 5th AG in Charlotte 1/2.  I ran the best race ever for the first 10 miles then really dogged the last three. The hills got me.

Next year my goal is to win AG in a 1/2.  I have won my AG  from 5k to 10 miles but never anything longer.

I know my best distace is the 10k but just once I want to do better in a longer race.

Running a 5k sat. and mabe a 15 mile trail race the end of dec.