Trying to find a half-marathon in June 2007 in the DFW, TX region (Read 499 times)

derek

I'm hoping someone can help. I'm trying to find a half-marathon in the June 2007 timeframe. I live in the DFW metroplex and I'm hoping to find one where I can drive within 4-5 hours. I realize that they may not exist because of the weather that time of year, but I can always hope. I found some that I can fly to, but I have a big family vacation planned for July so I can't really afford to fly the whole family to a half-marathon.

Derek

You'll ruin your knees!

Howdy, Derek, I'm in the DFW area as well (live in McKinney, work in Plano) and am not aware of any HM's in June in the area. You can probably find something in May, but nothing that I can think of in June. You might try some of the local clubs for more road race information. I am part of a group that frequents the trails in the area. We are called the North Texas Trail Runners. We have a club race in July every year at night on technical trails. The race is a prediction run format, meaning you predict your time to cover the 18 mile course, turn in your watch and run the race. The runner who comes closest to their predicted time is the winner. Awards consist of bragging rights only! If you are interested in something like this, check out www.nttr.org. Where in DFW are you? Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

derek

Where in DFW are you?
        I'm in Grand Prairie. I actually live in Grand Peninsula on Joe Pool Lake. I'll look around for something in late May if possible. The reason I wanted a HM in June is that I'm planning my entire year. I'm doing a 10K in late Feb and I plan to run the Dallas marathon on Dec 2007. When I factor in my training plans, that leaves a 12-13 week window ending in June that would have been ideal to do a HM as an intermediate distance race.

Derek

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The race is a prediction run format, meaning you predict your time to cover the 18 mile course, turn in your watch and run the race. The runner who comes closest to their predicted time is the winner.
          Oh, how cool is THAT?!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay