How much is too heavy to lift? (Read 302 times)

Why is it sideways?

When you can't pick it up?

Reminds me of the paradox of the stone.

When you can't pick it up?

It's not when you can't pick it up that it's a problem. It's when you pick it up, but tear something in the process.

Or perhaps less damaging physically, but more humiliating when you pick it up drop into a squat & can't get back up.

Or my fave, push it up realize you can't handle the weight you foolishly added, and end up pinned to the bench till your spotter rescues you. Not that I've done any of those things, ever.

I've gotten mixed answers here, so I think I'll just make running the constant, lift if i feel like it and don't lift if i don't feel like it.

Now just to get back in the sort of shape I was 2 years ago. Oh well, at least I'm 20 and not 40...

if you're tired of starting over then stop giving up!

Am I doing this right?

Oh well, at least I'm 20 and not 40...

Ouch!

No excuses....

Now just to get back in the sort of shape I was 2 years ago. Oh well, at least I'm 20 and not 40...

Ouch! Ouch!

I've gotten mixed answers here, so I think I'll just make running the constant, lift if i feel like it and don't lift if i don't feel like it.

no no no no no !   keep lifting on a regular basis, doesn't have to be heavy all the time, just consistent & mix things up.  you will be stronger overall & will help your overall fitness.  even more important as you get older.  If running is your priority then spend more time/energy running, but still get in the gym on regular basis if you can.