First time I've ever been ticketed while running in Chicago (Read 1483 times)

Feeling the growl again

My lawyer told me this won't appear on what was my non existent criminal record. 

I miss my criminal free record a lot more than any of my former dogs. Cry

If you are not going to trust your own lawyer to understand the legal process better than you...

Check your criminal record yourself for $16.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

If you are not going to trust your own lawyer to understand the legal process better than you...

Check your criminal record yourself for $16.

I can't believe those schmucks want $16 for a criminal report when they've already put me through enough bullshit.  I wish they'd just set up a cross right in front of the Daley Center and crucify me on it.  I'm more than ready to die for their sins.

JimR

This thread delivers like a team of obstetricians 9 months past the Mayan calendar.

Not dead. Yet.

I miss my criminal free record a lot more than any of my former dogs. Cry

If that is the case you should not ever own a dog.  Even more than that, you seem to be enjoying the attention this thread is bringing you; always building up your disappointment and anger.  I wonder if you are using this whole thing as an excuse for other problems in your life.  As you can tell from most everyone else here, it's not that big of a deal.

Just a thought.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

37 Pages...  I got disappointed somewhere around page 28, but the thread lives...

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

You will never get a job if you make as big a deal out of it during the interview as you have here....  

If you do disclose it, and you are asked about it, have a carefully rehearsed answer to the question, a sentence or two at most. 

Answering in such a way that shows you can accept consequences and move on with your life is the best.  If you spend 10 minutes belaboring the point, they will think you are incapable of accepting feedback or reprimands.

Just saw that post.  Right on point.  Will an employer care that you got a ticket for running next to the tracks?  Hell no.  Will an employer care that you still haven't gotten over it?  Most likely.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

L Train

I'm definitely now with whoever said that this thread should be closed.  Good luck to you, Redbird.

Can someone summarize this 37 pages of post for me please.  I know it is a lot ot ask but I can't start over on this and I was pretty interested to hear what the out come was.  When I first read this I think the dude got a ticket for running too close to the tracks and was wondering if he should fight it.  Since this is 37 pages I am guessing he did and lost.  What was the ruling or what did the court say?

This just sounded like a cop having a bad day and deciding to give someone a ticket because he had the power to do so.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                  • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                  • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon
                  TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I'm definitely now with whoever said that this thread should be closed.  Good luck to you, Redbird.

+1

steph  

Can someone summarize this 37 pages of post for me please.  I know it is a lot ot ask but I can't start over on this and I was pretty interested to hear what the out come was.  When I first read this I think the dude got a ticket for running too close to the tracks and was wondering if he should fight it.  Since this is 37 pages I am guessing he did and lost.  What was the ruling or what did the court say?

This just sounded like a cop having a bad day and deciding to give someone a ticket because he had the power to do so.

As you can see on this link http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/22188823/too-close-to-tracks-jogger-cited-for-running-near-railroad FOX news finds the trap that I got caught in, anything but fair.  And now I'm out of $194 and am left to do 20 of community service or pay a $150 fine.

Thanks for the short version.  I'm amazed you had to fight this.  How much did the lawyer cost?

• Sub 22  5K

Thanks for the short version.  I'm amazed you had to fight this.  How much did the lawyer cost?

Believe me, I've never felt so screwed over in my life and can't believe this travesty of justice is allowed to continue, even though thousands of people literally saw this broadcasted on the news.  I'm wondering if I just have to throw myself in front of a train now to get my point across?  Only in a town as screwed as Chicago can this kind of BS ever occur.  I have used that same path many times before too and never had any problems with it.

As for my lawyer, I can't say how much he is or isn't going to charge me.  At least he got a free advertisement in by appearing on the news story.

This thread is like watching / reading a train wreck waiting to happen (no pun intended).

RedBird, get help.  Move from Chicago.  Talk to people who can help you.  If it's about the money for this ticket, I'm sure you have cyber friends here that may be willing to help.  But, please take care of yourself.  I've watched the video, and recognize that you're an everyday guy that looks professional and educated.  What you're talking about and threatening is serious stuff.  Get help!.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Am I doing this right?

Sad  Our collie, almost 12, passed away a week ago today.  We brought him home when my 15-year-old daughter was only three.  We are all heartbroken.  We got an Australian shepherd puppy last year, but we miss Ranger.

I'm very sorry about Ranger.

No excuses....

Part of the problem may be that you are a cards fan in cubby world.  Were you wearing a cards jersey while running or at court?

The past is the past.  I wouldn't dwell on this but let it fuel you when you run.  Anger makes you run faster.

• Sub 22  5K