Nashville recommendations? (Read 110 times)

Joann Y

This weekend we're heading down to Alabama for spring break and decided to stop over for a night in Nashville. I'm looking for a recommendation on where to stay for a night (hotel or camp) that would be easy to hop out of bed in the morning for a run (maybe 6 miles) without needing the car. Also, any ideas for food? Restaurant recommendations for brunch/breakfast and dinner would be nice! Any things we must see/do? We've never been. Thank you!

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

I found it convenient and not too expensive to stay at the Holiday Inn, Vanderbilt area. Its across the street from Centennial Park which is a nice place to run. The full loop of the park is only one mile, but its a pretty place to run several laps (there's a lake, the Parthenon, lots of nice grass) and there is no traffic once you get in the park and are on the running/walking path plus you don't have to worry about getting lost. If you have young children, there is also a playground in Centennial Park.

I recommend the Loveless Cafe for unique and delicious country dining -- go there for breakfast. It's outside of town, but worth the drive.

Joann Y

Cool, thanks! That restaurant looks perfect for breakfast. Always looking for some good biscuits! That parks sounds lovely as well. Maybe I will check it out or end up driving somewhere.

If you opt for driving a bit, check out Percy Warner Park for a run, about 15 miles west of downtown. Home of the dreaded Flying Monkey!

mikeymike

I've been there a couple times. Don't remember much but I know I had fun.

Runners run

Kalsarikännit

Don't remember much

Hangover?  Hills?  Honkey tonks?

Joann, I too have many fuzzy memories, but the red trail or 11.2 at Percy Warner Park are both amazing.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

BeeRunB

One our one visit there, we ate breakfast at http://www.puckettsgrocery.com/nashville/

Very good buffet.

We also enjoyed Nashville's own Parthenon.

The Grand Ol' Opry was good. Unnecessarily too loud, though. Bring musician's earplugs if you have them. Some fine country performances.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

There's no running there.

You'll just have to drink instead.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Joann Y

Perfect. Had my liver enzymes checked recently and they are normal. I am good to go. Maybe head over to Percy Warner Park with my brown paper bag. Thanks guys!