Newton Running shoe sizing (Read 66 times)

I'm thinking about getting a pair of Newton Gravity shoes to change things up a bit and am wondering if they seem to run true to size or not and if the toe box would be considered wide, normal or narrow. I've read a few different reviews now that seem to contradict each other. Some say they run small and others say they are true to size. I currently wear Nike Pegasus in a Mens size 8.5 and like the fit. I have a wide foot but can wear the Pegasus in a normal width without any problems. Looks like I'd have to drive almost a 100 miles just to try them on.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I can't comment on how they are width-wise, but the general rule I've heard at multiple shoe stores is to buy them a half size large. I normally wear a 10.5, but I wear an 11 in the Newton Gravity.

Christirei

I wore the gravity for a year and I had to go up.a half size as well, my foot is narrow but they fit me fine....probably doesn't!t help to much
        Sue in PA

I tried my usual size, but there's not enough room length-wise, so I got mine (Lady Isaac and Terra Momentum) a half size bigger.  On me, the toe box is ever so slightly wider than a normal shoe--I usually look for shoes that tend to run wide (without getting an actual wide width).

I tried my usual size, but there's not enough room length-wise, so I got mine (Lady Isaac and Terra Momentum) a half size bigger.  On me, the toe box is ever so slightly wider than a normal shoe--I usually look for shoes that tend to run wide (without getting an actual wide width).

Quaestion: Are the Newtons a 2013 model or older?

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

bas.

Check out the "shoefitr" gadget on the Runningwarehouse website.  I find that Newtons vary between models, even model year.  I have the current Newton Distance, and I needed at least a half size larger than I would normally wear.  I also have the 2012 Gravity, and it fit in my normal running shoe size.

That shoefitr is a big help for me.  I don't have to travel 100 miles to try on shoes, but local places don't tend to stock my size.  Running Warehouse has helped me, since they have free shipping & returns.  (This sounds like an ad, but I'm just trying to help the OP!)

Check out the "shoefitr" gadget on the Runningwarehouse website.  I find that Newtons vary between models, even model year.  I have the current Newton Distance, and I needed at least a half size larger than I would normally wear.  I also have the 2012 Gravity, and it fit in my normal running shoe size.

That shoefitr is a big help for me.  I don't have to travel 100 miles to try on shoes, but local places don't tend to stock my size.  Running Warehouse has helped me, since they have free shipping & returns.  (This sounds like an ad, but I'm just trying to help the OP!)

Just what I wanted to hear. I went to their site and added my Pegasus shoes along with the 2012 Gravities and the shoe fitter recommended the same size so I snagged a pair. I also found a 15% off code so I got them for 76.40 shipped. Can't go wrong there.

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

bas.

What a deal!  Hope the end up working for you.

Sue in PA

Quaestion: Are the Newtons a 2013 model or older?

Mine are 2012s.