Sport Shield roll-on vs. Body Glide? (Read 2005 times)

Zoom, Where are you buying your SS? Kind of expensive yes? Hub was just saying the other night and I had to agree that BG is basically useless in the extreme humidity of our area this summer.... I have had terrible issues with it coming off rather quickly during runs over 5 miles. Confused

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I ordered the SS online, but I seem to recall that there's a sporting goods place around here that carries it--just not the BlisterShield powder. Kinda $$, but no moreso than BG, I don't think...especially since I shouldn't be throwing an ounce out in the trash here and there, either.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

ultramarathon/triathlete

I've been using body glide but recently I've been asking myself why I spend more. In my old days of X-C races and general running, I just used degree or some ceap white deoderant on my feet. It worked great. I am pretty sure it's about the same thing as body glide, but less $$. Also, you're feel always smell nice when you're done running, which is a nice side effect.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
        Gatorade Endurance Team

Dunottar

SportShield over Body Glide hands down, IMV.....if only for the feel. SS is slippery and BG feels 'sticky', at least when you first put it on. I've found both to be equally durable on runs up to 13 miles. The problem is there aren't a whole lot of choices for buying SS, even on-line. I either have to wait until I need to buy some shoes or gear at one of the few places that carry it,...or buy SS in quantity so added shipping doesn't make the cost per container prohibitive (I buy the roll-on). Holabird Sports is the cheapest I've found at 6.95/container (again, roll-on) vs. 10.00 elsewhere. I can run 5 minutes up the road to Dick's or Sports Authority and pick up some Body Glide, so it's a bit more convenient. MTA- I sometimes muse that I've become addicted to these lubricants, and that if I could just endure a 'callousing' period on my nipples, thighs, toes, etc,..I'd save a barrel of $$. then I think about the prospective details of that callousing process and wuuss out.:-)