HR Monitor for Garmin 305 - Look for Replacement Strap (Read 60 times)

Anybody have one they want to sell?  If so, please message me.  Mine has gone to the land of who knows where.  Probably hanging out with my missing socks.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

HermosaBoy

Anybody have one they want to sell?  If so, please message me.  Mine has gone to the land of who knows where.  Probably hanging out with my missing socks.

Ebay?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Mpls Laker

Northstar Running

Any heart rate monitor that uses ANT+ to transmit data will work with your 305. You do not need to find one that specifically came with a 305, or even a Garmin branded device. There have been a couple of monitors recently released that are not even chest straps that would work. I have been using the MIO Link wrist based strap and I don't miss the chest strap at all. Another one I have seen is called the Scosche Rhythm+ http://www.scosche.com/rhythm+

Thanks, Mpls.  I have a strap from a 405CX died after only two years.  I'll see if I can get it to work with it.

Looked at eBay, but though I'd first see if anybody here had an extra.  Actually saw a refurbished 305 with all the accessories for $140 last night.  Almost bought it for when the one I have finally gives up the ghost.

Anyone have any experience with a manufacturer refurbished?

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Anyone have any experience with a manufacturer refurbished?

Garmin? Yes, like new.

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

Thanks, Setantae.  Then to buy or not to buy - that is the big questions.  Ack! 

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

running metalhead

Get a Polar strap! These work like a charm with the Garmin HRM, way better, mire robust and comfy.

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
                - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
                - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
                - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
                - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
                - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

Cat Herder

I have a Garmin watch, a Polar strap, and an Adidas HR transmitter. The Polar strap was from my Nike+ proprietary transmitter. The HR transmitter has to be ANT+ compatible, but the strap doesn't have be specifically for ANT+.