Lactate test and query (Read 458 times)

Turbolegs

I did a lactate test on Thursday last week. The trainer asked me for my 10k race pace which is around 49min (12.2 kph). And so he set up 5 speed zones at 9,10,11,12 and 13 kph. Testing protocol was 5 min run at each speed with 1 min rest in between and blood samples at the end of each 5 min run. The pic below is the result of the test (and i have super imposed the black lines).

I recently ran a marathon in 3:56 which is 5:37 pace (in a cooler climate as well). I reckon that it would probably be a 6 minute pace if i were to have run it in Singapore. Following the lactate test, the trainer told me that the bulk of my mileage should be between 149 and 164 bpm. This translates to a pace/km of 6 min to 5:20 mins as per the chart. I thought (from general literature) that my easy or steady pace should be about a minute/km behind my goal marathon pace. So that would actually be a pace much slower than 6min pace.

What is the right way to interpret the results of this test?

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

xor

Turbolegs

xor

xor

Turbolegs

bhearn

Turbolegs

Hey Bhearn - SRL wasnt trying to be funny. We had a tech conversation here on how to upload pictures which was subsequently deleted to not distract the original motivation for the thread.