Doping in Distance Running (Read 979 times)

Why is it sideways?

Apparently EPO also makes you stick your tongue out. Makes me suspicious of Jordan back in the day. Note the resemblance:

xhristopher

Apparently EPO also makes you stick your tongue out.

Yes. This is well known. In cycling showing tongue has been an automatic doping offense since 2009.

Doper exhibit A:

bhearn

Oops, busted.

Feeling the growl again

This explains my son's recent behavior and new interest in my running shoes.  If he's going to use it to learn to walk faster you'd think he'd at least offer to share with the old man...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Yes. This is well known. In cycling showing tongue has been an automatic doping offense since 2009.

Doper exhibit A:

.That kind of explains how Mr Pharmstrong got away with it for so long. He must of had his tongue surgically altered so it could not stick out and red flag the testing officals.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I had always wanted to run a marathon well in basketball shorts, but this d-bag might have just ruined that idea.  Thankfully, I can't even do five pushups, so that's out.

I had always had the dream that one day I would run fast, and at least make it to a national level race.  The older I get, the more I think that that might have been a trap.  There's some odd and great freedom attached to working 40 a week and running mid-pack times.  There's a freedom to running and training how I can, and not how I need, or how others expect.  There's a freedom to running some little podunk races with no prize money.  It's the joy of running--not the joy of the money, fame, or even some grand notoriety that comes with running.  We can get that joy simply by training, or we can get that joy running at some little, local race.

I hadn't realized it until I read that article, but I don't follow the national or world scene anymore.  Not like I once did.  I've lost any care I had for it.  It seems like there is too much corruption, and my cynical side has completely taken over.  I can watch a big race, but I can't seem to shake the idea that they're probably all doping.  Interestingly, that cynicism has led me to a greater freedom with my running.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

I had always wanted to run a marathon well in basketball shorts, but this d-bag might have just ruined that idea.  Thankfully, I can't even do five pushups, so that's out.

I had always had the dream that one day I would run fast, and at least make it to a national level race.  The older I get, the more I think that that might have been a trap.  There's some odd and great freedom attached to working 40 a week and running mid-pack times.  There's a freedom to running and training how I can, and not how I need, or how others expect.  There's a freedom to running some little podunk races with no prize money.  It's the joy of running--not the joy of the money, fame, or even some grand notoriety that comes with running.  We can get that joy simply by training, or we can get that joy running at some little, local race.

I hadn't realized it until I read that article, but I don't follow the national or world scene anymore.  Not like I once did.  I've lost any care I had for it.  It seems like there is too much corruption, and my cynical side has completely taken over.  I can watch a big race, but I can't seem to shake the idea that they're probably all doping.  Interestingly, that cynicism has led me to a greater freedom with my running.

Well said.

Runners run

xor

The person in this picture has been injected with Epogen a few times.  FACT.

(picture by Glen Tachiyama)

#artbydmcbride

The tongue is a dead giveaway!  Big grin

Runners run

The tongue is a dead giveaway!  Big grin

I thought it was because he's wearing the yellow leader's jersey?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I thought it was because he's wearing the yellow leader's jersey?

He's also carrying weights in hands. I don't see trail runners do that very often.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xor

Three things about that pic:

1. It is one of the few "floater" (both feet off the ground) pics of me in existence.  I usually look like a powerwalker or a statue.  I credit the photographer, who is a super cool dude.

2. Say kids, want to tucker yourself out in a trail run?  Not only carry a 20oz bottle in each hand for 12 1/2 hours, but crank the angle at your elbow into the 90 degree or even "acute" range as opposed to "obtuse".

3. I wound up close to DFL that day.  Sigh.