Base Layer/Underwear recommendation for well endowed new runners (Read 367 times)

soretesties

Hi Everyone,

I've stayed away from running for a while, because I'm pretty well endowed and my privates hurt even after a short run.

It even hurts if i wear boxers and go to a theme park, by the afternoon my privates are sore from walking all day. I know i need more support, but haven't found anything that gets rid of the soreness/discomfort.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Serious runners have a penectomy.  If you're serious about running,  you should probably consider that.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

Serious runners have a penectomy.  If you're serious about running,  you should probably consider that.

Why didn't I think about this until now.  Think of all the weight saving.  This will improve my 5k from 24:12 to sub 24 for sure.

dennrunner

Sorry. Can't relate.

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

You need a banana hammock. Check the produce section at your local grocery store. You might also check your local redneck truck dealer - they have these steer ball holders as decorative items for the rear bumper of a pickup truck. You might be able to strap one of those to a hydration belt to provide large ball support.

If all that fails, contact sport jester on this site and learn to walk on masking tape. Learning to walk/run like an ostrich will solve all ball-bounce problems.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

#artbydmcbride

Hi Everyone,

I've stayed away from running for a while, because I'm pretty well endowed and my privates hurt even after a short run.

It even hurts if i wear boxers and go to a theme park, by the afternoon my privates are sore from walking all day. I know i need more support, but haven't found anything that gets rid of the soreness/discomfort.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Runners run

Google jogstrap.  there is a helpful commercial/video.

running metalhead

Must be joking.

If your core is strong enough your manly parts do hang between your legs, in fact our testicles have a few muscles specifically designed to get in place when running and so do our penises, which by the way get properly retracted and (again) do not HANG. Not even Rocco Sifreddi would have a problem running commando.

So that I assume this is a) a troll or b) somebody in an incredibly bad shape.

Fun anyway, LOL

Smile

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
                  - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
                  - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
                  - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
                  - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
                  - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

Gator eye

Do your boys hang low

Are they swinging to and fro

Can you tie them in a knot

Can you tie them in a bow

Do your boys hang low

" This is my rifle. This is my gun. This is for fighting, and this is for fun."

Get off my porch

xhristopher

Hi Everyone,

I think you should go back to cycling where you can wear tights all the time.

Half Fanatic #846

Try some kettleball exercises, which will eliminate any problems.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

sillysassafrass

SillySassafrass

As a female I thought this was feasible/believable, until I read the walking around the theme park bit. thanks for educating me!

PR: 5k 22:51 4/12/14; 10k 50:24 7/16/14; 8K 39:10 11/8/2014; HM 1:48:34 7/26/14

I wouldn't go the surgical or pharmaceutical route until I had exhausted other options, like the original poster I would try enhanced support base layer/ underwear first.

E.J.
                              Greater Lowell Road Runners
                              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Fanilow

Only run when there is snow on the ground. When things get "testy" pack some snow in your pants. You'll be numb before you know it. Do not run in the cold without snow. That will just make your dick hurt.

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.