Edit map (Read 866 times)

Liptovsky

I use HandyRunner and i'm very enthousiast about it but today it came with a 15 km run while i didn't go further than 6 km.

Is there a way to edit the map because it contains some incorrect gps positions

eric :)

You can't edit a map created from a GPS right now.  Each data point has positional and time stamp data.  When you edit the map, you're only modifying the positional data..  Each point's time stamp remains the same so the pace will be changed when you move or delete points from the map.  Granted, the data for your map is wrong so editing it would not have any impact on the accuracy of the data, still, I need to think through how to handle it in a generalized case, as in when the map contains accurate data.

Liptovsky

Eric, Thabor but i only want to remove Somers incorrect points from the gps map or gpx file, do you know an editor?
        eric :)

I heard SportTracks may let you edit the points but I haven't tried it myself.  I could add it as feature when I figure out how to deal with the resulting data change.

Prince of Fatness

I heard SportTracks may let you edit the points but I haven't tried it myself.  I could add it as feature when I figure out how to deal with the resulting data change.

I have used SportTracks in the past and it does indeed allow you to edit the data points.  I really don't use the pace graph so messing that up didn't bother me.  Just sometimes the GPS would lose signal and significantly alter the true mileage and I would go in and fix it.

To be honest, I do not miss that feature.  Most of the time I run familiar routes so I'll just manually adjust the total miles in the log entry.  That's a lot quicker than changing the route on the map and serves my purpose the same.

Not at it at all. 

oo-punisher

yeah you can edit the map in sportstracks and then export it to your desktop.  Then just import it into running ahead.  Problem solved.