More flexible summaries and graphs (Read 1240 times)

VictorN

First of all, let me say thanks for providing a wonderful training log. It is easy to use and not overly complex with features I won't use. I was wondering if it would be possible to alther the summaries and graphs to be more useful for some of us who dabble in Tris. For example, it would be nice if the graphs would summarize hours by each sport...perhaps divide the column into four subsections: running, swimming, riding, and other hours. It would also be nice if the calendar subtotaled the different activities by time, instead of miles, or better yet, give the user the option of whether they want to display time or distance. Thanks again for a great site. Victor another CR refugee
    eric :)

Hi Victor, I admit that the graphing is rather inadequate at the moment but I'm fixing it. The log imports are almost done and I can resume my GPS upload/log revamp work. I like to redo the graphing as part of this upgrade as well so stay tuned! eric Smile p.s. you're not a refugee anymore. Welcome to RunningAHEAD!

My bike is my therapist

Hi Eric, I'd like to add another vote for the graphing features. I actually bike as many hours as I run so I would like to graph my biking data. I'm another CR refugee, but you've made me feel very welcome. Thanks for all you've done for us!
        "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
        1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking
        5000 Mile Club
        Half Marathon Trainers

My bike is my therapist

I've just realized if I change my "Primary Workout:" in My Log Preferences to BIKE, it shows my biking data on the log Summary page. Works for me Big grin Sorry, the learning curve is pretty steep right now Roll eyes
          "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
          1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking
          5000 Mile Club
          Half Marathon Trainers
            I'd like to have user defined graphs that you could save and run later. That way you don't have to fill out the advanced graph form every time.
              I'd like to have user defined graphs that you could save and run later. That way you don't have to fill out the advanced graph form every time.
              Oooh good idea.

sean

larch45kbd

Another graphing suggestion (from a CR graphing junkie) is to have the histogram with horizontal bars. The coolrunning graphs were oriented this way and allowed for as much data as you could want all in very readable bars with the key data listed at the end of the bar. They simply extended down the screen as far as the data took it. I have several pdf files as excamples if that would be helpful. I like to print out my distance by week or month and juxtepose that with my pace graph for the same period. Thanks for all that you do!!!
                kdombroviak

Well, since you're looking at it, I'd also like options to see average weight or average pace over a week or a month. The sum doesn't make sense for some numbers... Thanks!
                  Wingz

Professional Noob

Well, since you're looking at it, I'd also like options to see average weight or average pace over a week or a month. The sum doesn't make sense for some numbers... Thanks!
                    Just a note on the current graphing... for some reason, the "histogram" will sum things: times, weights, etc. Not very useful and throws your "scale" way out of whack. When graphing, I suggest using either the XY plot or XY graph in the "advanced graph" area.

Roads were made for journeys...

regoarrarr

I'd really love to see a summary that combined all types of exercise (running / biking / swimming / whatever)
                      NLeeRunner

Another graphing suggestion (from a CR graphing junkie) is to have the histogram with horizontal bars. The coolrunning graphs were oriented this way and allowed for as much data as you could want all in very readable bars with the key data listed at the end of the bar. They simply extended down the screen as far as the data took it. I have several pdf files as excamples if that would be helpful. I like to print out my distance by week or month and juxtepose that with my pace graph for the same period.
                        I'd like to add my "yes, please" to this request. Having the key data listed at the end (i.e. pace, weight, etc.) was very helpful and told me at a glance whether my pace was improving or not. I've had trouble trying to figure out what data to choose for which axis and then once I figured it out, I had a hard time reading the graphs. For example, I liked being able to run a report that gave me my average pace on a weekly basis or my total mileage for a week. (Sorry, I'm an English major and math challenged! Confused Nicole
                          Hello First off I want to say I just switched over from CR/activetrainer and I already love this site! I'm a graph junkie and I had a couple requests in terms of specifying an advanced graph. On CR there was a check box to exclude days where there wasn't one of the activities you were choosing to graph, and it doesn't appear as if you can do that there (or else I've somehow missed it). So now my graph is very cluttered (with whitespace Smile) when I chose a large time frame. The other thing is, could we enter date ranges on the advanced graph screen via a calendar? We can use the calendar option when adding new workouts, and it's much nicer. Thanks Smile

"Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us" ~ Hebrews 12:1 PRs: 5K - 25:03 | 10K - 54:03 | Half Marathon - 2:03:11 | Marathon - 4:47:17