Eating after an illness (Read 700 times)

The Meek One

Hi I have a question about what food to eat to get back on the streets. On Wednesday I started suffering from severe flu like symtoms from food poisoning. I dropped 7 pounds in two days and so far I can only keep down liquids. I am itchin to go for a run, but obviously I need to get in some calories first. Does any one have a recomendation for easy to eat running friendly food? Thanks

Imminent Catastrophe

...so far I can only keep down liquids. I am itchin to go for a run, but obviously I need to get in some calories first. Does any one have a recomendation for easy to eat running friendly food? Thanks
      Well, to be captain obvious, I would recommend liquids. Try the nutritional drinks like Ensure, etc. It's part of my pre-race routine. It's got carbs, protein, electrolytes, everything you need.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

sheil2009

21:00

Can you drink smoothies? I like protein punch smoothies from this juice store near my house, but i bet you could make one pretty easily using whey protein powder. If you put milk or yogurt, you'd have to give yourself some time to let it go through first, of course.
          if you can't keep solid food down you are not well enough to go running. give your poor body time to recover!
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

If you cannot keep solid food down and if you have dropped 7 pounds, you need to go see a doctor.

The Meek One

Thanks, for the advice. I visited the Med Center and they released me because I was able to drink fluids and was not in danger of dehydration. I agree I am not ready to run yet, as my original post suggests. I was just looking for something to help get me on my feet a little quicker
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

BRAT Bananas Rice Applesauce Toast (pasta, yogurt, rice) Eat a little at a time.

The Meek One

BRAT
                  Fitting and noted Thanks!