12 Miler! (Read 779 times)

man today I ran my 12 miler after doubting myself (my achilles has been bothering me very slightly. I literally recovered from achilles tendinosis last october and took 2 years off from running in order to fully recover). my ankle isnt hurting at all right now but anyways.. I also hit 40 pounds lost and I got my 6 pack. I probably wont be able to get to 135 because I'll be too skinny or something. I have a question though.. if I ran 6.12 miles and had a super quick defecation attack and ran into my house for 3 minutes to use the bathroom, is that too long to count this 12 miler as one long run? I've never taken walk breaks or anything because taking breaks usually leaves me being too tired since I take off kind of fast. I timed my bathroom break and I can imagine someone out there has had this problem as well.

Member Since 2008

"super quick defecation attack" Is this another phrase for Power Dump? Embarrassed I suppose it would depend on whether or not you stopped the timer/garmin or let the time keep running during the event. Big grin
        I suppose it would depend on weather or not you stopped the timer/garmin or let the time keep running during the event. Big grin
        I stopped my watch but had my ipod timer running on the podcast I was listening to and it was a few seconds shy of 3 minutes in my house =/

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

super quick defecation attack and ran into my house for 3 minutes to use the bathroom
          whoa young man, if it took you 3 minutes for an "attack" you need some more fiber in your diet
            whoa young man, if it took you 3 minutes for an "attack" you need some more fiber in your diet
            Well I drink fiber and eat plenty of veggies and cereal.. but really it was 10 seconds with 2 minutes or so of recovering from it.
              hun, just subtract the 3 min from your overall time, and we won't hold it against you... (...this time, but it better not happen again!)
              Teresadfp

One day at a time

Defintely counts as one long run! I used to be very anal about it (oops, no pun intended), but when I heard that "real" runners on RA actually take walking breaks on some of their long runs, I stopped worrying about it. Great job, by the way. I got AT last June, and it's only been the last couple of months that I don't think about my ankle at all. I'm glad it went well for you! 3 minutes would be very short for me. Sigh. It doesn't matter what I eat or don't eat.
                xor

Well, you are aiming for a marathon... and if you had to poop during a 12 miler, you might have to poop during the longer runs and the 26.2. It counts as one run in all circumstances, and if you gotta you gotta. Believe me, I know all about it. I keep my race times, and a special set of 'potty adjusted times'. Besides, "never do anything new on race day". So, there. You practiced what you'll poop.

Dunottar

..and had a super quick defecation attack and ran into my house for 3 minutes to use the bathroom,..
                    I've looked at your...log..., and you could certainly shave some time off of this; down to 2:30,...maybe even 2:20. Try intervals.