My first race photo (Read 1107 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

I know it may sound sad, but i was quite chuffed to see I was snapped at the weekend, so I thought I would share it. BTW, this is at the end of 8.75 miles, 2600ft climb:

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Lookin' hard-core, man! Nice photo! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Great pic Eddy. You look like a runner and one that is going to do well.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

You'll ruin your knees!

chuffed??? Love the muddy legs! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Great action photo! Cool
            ---- Cynthia
              New avitar - nice! That is a great photo chuffed and with good reason, Eddy Smile Lynn - chuffed - he's really happy/proud about it -

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

va

chuffed??? Love the muddy legs! Lynn B
                From the English-to-American dictionary: chuff v. To chuff is to fart. Entirely seperate to the word chuffed so use with care. chuffed adj. Someone who describes themselves as being chuffed is generally happy with life. You can also get away with saying you are unchuffed or dischuffed if something gets your back up. Make sure you only use this word in the correct tense and familiarise yourself with the meaning of the word chuff too.

You'll ruin your knees!

From the English-to-American dictionary: chuff v. To chuff is to fart. Entirely seperate to the word chuffed so use with care. chuffed adj. Someone who describes themselves as being chuffed is generally happy with life. You can also get away with saying you are unchuffed or dischuffed if something gets your back up. Make sure you only use this word in the correct tense and familiarise yourself with the meaning of the word chuff too.
                  OK, I think I got it... My boys are generally chuffed right after they chuff... Tongue

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

va

Ahhh, they're chuffed chuffers. Big grin

Along for the Ride

... that sounds familiar, I grew up with two brothers! They were chuffed chuffers quite often ... Big grin

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

freckles

looking good eddy - well done! i use chuffed all the time (though not from chuffing) but have never heard of dischuffed, think the dictionary made that up!!!

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

but have never heard of dischuffed, think the dictionary made that up!!!
                          No ... seriously, you can be both chuffed (happy) or dischuffed (not happy) ... and both have no link to 'gas'. You can also be 'chuffed off' (another form of dischuffed). We live and learn. :-) Neil

Running ... just keep running!

Sometimes after a really good chuff I feel chuffed. Eddy, you've done great with WW's. Are your friends telling you that you've lost too much weight yet?

Slow-smooth-fast

Sometimes after a really good chuff I feel chuffed. Eddy, you've done great with WW's. Are your friends telling you that you've lost too much weight yet?
                              It's funny you say that, because yeah, they all keep going on at me, It really gets on my nerves. I personally want to lose more, to get to my optimum running weight. I am happy with the way I look, I cant win, one minute I am called a fat ******, the next, a skinny ****** I think it is just that by comparison I am thinner, certainly not skinny. I don't know why they say that.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009