We're going to have to start a new user group me thinks! (Read 692 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

One thing is for sure, there is lots of comforting to pass around here. I hope all improves with everyone.
    We're good peeps around here. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I'm glad that he's doing well now! My MIL said today the my FIL is acting like it's no big deal and that he's fine. That's really taking the stress off of me, because as she said, if he was having a hard time with this, she'd be a wreck, which would then make me a wreck! It really makes a difference on your stress level on how the "patient" is dealing with it all. So far I don't have to add my MIL to my "worry list" too! I can't even imagine going through everything you were, AbbaGimp (Awwwww....AbbaGimp! Sad) AND dealing with your dad's health issues!!
      It kept things in perspective. But it made for a hellish week. In some ways, I found it easier to focus on other stuff and try not to worry and feel guilty about not visitng him in the hospital. (He was home too soon: cath Monday, bypass late Tues finishing around midnight, home Sat - I think he set a record!) I probably could have put stuff off but for my sanity, I had to keep my life going. Its the way I deal with stuff. With my dad, we were really lucky. I mean, we were 2 weeks away from our ski vacation - if he had been at the top of a mountain in the middle of no where and had a heart attack he wouldnt be here today. So as bad as this seems, remember that it could be so much worse! It's kind of amazing the way people rally. There will be up days and down days, but ultimately it sounds like your family is sticking together and its great you are all there for each other. It makes a huge difference! And having people who are not in your family to talk to can be great - it took me a few days to talk to my close friends, but I felt so much better after. So keep talking! We want to know how you and your FIL are doing!
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm glad that he's doing well now! My MIL said today the my FIL is acting like it's no big deal and that he's fine. That's really taking the stress off of me, because as she said, if he was having a hard time with this, she'd be a wreck, which would then make me a wreck! It really makes a difference on your stress level on how the "patient" is dealing with it all. So far I don't have to add my MIL to my "worry list" too!
        Boy, is this ever true! I talked to my dad on the phone just a bit ago and he sounds great--very chipper and cracking his usual bad jokes. He sounded MUCH more "with it" than he did pre-surgery or even shortly after. That's so reassuring for me. I hope your FIL will do well, too. (((hugs))) to you all and I hope you can get some rest in the next few days--that stress thing is murder on sleep!

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

(((hugs)))) and lots of prayers for my RA family.... my grandpa went thru the carotid artery thing and quad bypass almost 2 years ago....He too was so lucky to have his problems caught well in advance- actually went in to the dr for some blood circulation issues in his foot....Upon further diagnosis, that was when the red flags went up re: the dangers sitting in his chest. I remember how freaked out and stressed my family was...it was some scary times, but thanks to the incredible doctors and their skills, my grandpa now is walking around feeling healthier and stronger than he has in years. Smile /rambling *~*~*sending lots of strong healthy vibes to everyone!*~*~*
            I'm not sure of all the details at this point but my great uncle from Texas called me the other night to tell me that my great aunt had a series of strokes last week. She also has to have heart surgery. It's very sad, my aunt and uncle have been together since they were around age 11, no kidding...never dated anyone else, married young, had four sons (one died some years back). They are both almost 80 years old. Talk about a life time together. My great uncle was who walked me down the aisle and gave me away at my wedding. They travel all over in a HUGE RV (that thing cost more than my house). They used to ride motorcycles but had to stop that about 5 or 6 years ago when my aunt's vision became poor. My uncle will be lost without my aunt. Last I heard she is expected to recover almost fully, right now she is slow with talking and has limited use of her one side. My uncle keeps messing with her, he'll touch her one arm and then act like he didn't...she keeps having to try to yell at him. He's like that. Roll eyes

Michelle

Following right along with the theme of things, I found out last night my FIL is now in the hospital. He went to give blood the other day, but they wouldn't let him. Seems his heart is skipping 8-10 beats at a time and so they're doing a cardiac catheterization tomorrow, Thursday!
              Any update? No news is hopefully good news???
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just dropped an e-mail to Joni to make sure that everything is OK. I was thinking about her today and feeling a little worried that she'd been absent all week. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My uncle keeps messing with her, he'll touch her one arm and then act like he didn't...she keeps having to try to yell at him. He's like that. Roll eyes
                  I love this...they sound like such sweet, fun people. I hope your aunt makes a healthy recovery and is around for your uncle to harrass for a few more years. k

~ Sarah Kay

Any update? No news is hopefully good news???
                    AbbaGimp, thanks for asking. It's a happy ending thankfully! He had the cath last Thursday and it all went well. They found nothing except they did say his heart is weaker than it should be. All arteries were clear, everything looked fine. They did give him some other medication to even his heart beat out and then kept him overnight to make sure that, along with all the other medications he's taking, would agree with him. I spoke to him after he was home and he said it was no big deal at all. He did make sure that he could continue walking (they highly encouraged it). He and my MIL have started walking really regularly, so I was super happy to hear that! My FIL was pretty nonchalant about the whole thing. He really made it easy on us. He's got a great sense of humor as well. Infact, he said that it was so easy, that he'd take that along with his recent colonoscopy *together* any day vs. having to go to the dentist! LMBO I just can't even imagine the fear he must have of the dentist! Big grin
                      I just dropped an e-mail to Joni to make sure that everything is OK. I was thinking about her today and feeling a little worried that she'd been absent all week. k
                      Hey! We were typing at the same time! Modified to add that I just read your email! All is well with me too! I know- I've been quiet lately! Quite the feat for me....
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My FIL was pretty nonchalant about the whole thing. He really made it easy on us. He's got a great sense of humor as well. Infact, he said that it was so easy, that he'd take that along with his recent colonoscopy *together* any day vs. having to go to the dentist! LMBO I just can't even imagine the fear he must have of the dentist! Big grin
                        Heh, he sounds just like my dad! I'm so glad all is well for him! Phew! Thankful that you are back, too. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've been quiet lately! Quite the feat for me....
                          If I ever get quiet someone needs to call the cops and report me missing! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

I'm not sure of all the details at this point but my great uncle from Texas called me the other night to tell me that my great aunt had a series of strokes last week. She also has to have heart surgery.
                            Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear this. I am glad, though, of her expected recovery. What a sweet story...together since 11 even. Wow! And I'm trying to picture them "Harley-ing" around at 70 something together! Big grin Your uncle's humor is either going to get her through it easier, or he's going to be so annoying that it'll help keep her mind off of her troubles! Either way, it's a good thing she's got him!! I think a sense of humor helps so much in these situations! Kind of like we've said...not only for the patient, but their family too. I hope that her recover goes smoothly! Let us know how she's doing! ((hugs))