Secret Garmin Feature (Read 1323 times)

Sulli42

I might very well be the only one who didn't know about it though. Roll eyes I couldn't find this in any of the Garmin literature I looked at anyway. Apparently, if you have the Garmin foot pod powered up while running outside, when it asks if your running indoors and you answer 'no', it continues recording cadence data in addition to the GPS data. I'm a total data whore, so this discovery has my OCD kicked into high gear. I think it's a little strange that Garmin doesn't even mention it, though.
      I might very well be the only one who didn't know about it though. Roll eyes I couldn't find this in any of the Garmin literature I looked at anyway. Apparently, if you have the Garmin foot pod powered up while running outside, when it asks if your running indoors and you answer 'no', it continues recording cadence data in addition to the GPS data. I'm a total data whore, so this discovery has my OCD kicked into high gear. I think it's a little strange that Garmin doesn't even mention it, though.
      SWEEEEEET! It worked. Why oh why did I send mine back? It was only $35. Oh btw why did the price go back up?? could it be they have there doubts about the 405 Kenny
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Yeah, I noticed this, too. But I try not to use it too much so Scout doesn't get mad at me.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

This forum is AMAZING!!! I was just going to ask *EXACTLY* the same question (if it could record my cadence while using GPS data), and bang, it was already answered... Cheers, guys! : )
          PRs 5K 21:44 10K 51:35 51:09 48:41
            Not only do they not mention it, when I emailed them once to ask that as a pre-sales question they said it did not. It took seeing a post on here to get the correct answer!

-------------------------------------
            5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
            10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
            1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
            Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07