Best post run recovery foods/drinks (Read 1659 times)

danyelli

I'll eat a pickle (sounds disgusting but it's surprisingly good post-run) to get some salt and then finish with a large glass of chia fresca which I pre-make before the run so it's perfect when I get home  (12 oz water, 1 T lime juice, 1/2 T sugar, and 1 T chia seeds). 

The King of Beasts

2 green triangle Feosol + 1 500mg Vit C tab + 1 quart of water on an empty stomach every night before I go to bed. for me that helps recovery more than anything.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Skimmed milk milkshake as soon as I finish my warm down. Protein:carb ratio of about 1:4 is what I aim for [citation needed].

Nevermind.  I already posted in this thread weeks ago.

I always have a cliff bar and some water.  Accelerade is also pretty good.  And if all else fails....Bread with peanut butter (natural), whole wheat bread and OJ or Chocolate Milk.

2014 Goals:

Not destroy my back while running.

+1 on the accelerade (4:1 carb/protein ratio)  & on pb   +2 if you add banana to that pb

+1 on the accelerade (4:1 carb/protein ratio)  & on pb   +2 if you add banana to that pb

Oh Yeah....gotta have that banana

2014 Goals:

Not destroy my back while running.

Roxy27

my little devil

I always eat multigrain toast, almond butter, and a banana after a long run. I'm not sure if there is research behind this but: it's yummy, healthy, and fills me up!

I've also heard cherries and/ or cherry juice is good for recovery.