Trip to the E.R. for hernia (Read 921 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and "suggestions" (FREEDOM!). Glad to hear that your recovery wasn't too bad, Mississippi. I meet with the surgeon tomorrow morning, so hopefully they can get me scheduled this week so I can get on with things -- I hate being in limbo! Cheers, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Good luck with the surgeon tomorrow! Hope they get you taken care of ASAP!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Good luck. I had hernia surgery about ten years ago, and need to have it again. However, I plan on waiting until this November when my marathon season is over.
        My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
        runpd

Eye Lick Two Rhune

Hernia's are nothing I lived with one for 5 years and just pushed the guts back myself. That was until the pain was to much and I had to go to the ER to have them do emergancy surgury to push 5ft back in. I was back within a month. So you should be like a 1-2 weeks.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" -Pre

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

However, I plan on waiting until this November when my marathon season is over.
            Wish I could wait 'til November/December. But the real problem is not so much the hernia itself -- I've had a little bit 'o hernia for a few years now -- it's the fact that it was strangulated and blood flow to my intestines was being cut off. Scary stuff. I agree with runpd that I should only miss a few weeks. I'll look at as an opportunity to rest my beleaguered hamstrings and develop new drinks. Cheers, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Hernia's are nothing I lived with one for 5 years and just pushed the guts back myself. That was until the pain was to much and I had to go to the ER to have them do emergancy surgury to push 5ft back in.
              OH THAT IS NASTY! Tongue Mine never got that big, I used to play with it - but then it started to burn too much so I had it fixed. I was bartending at the time and when I went back to work it was too soon and I was sent home in tears on my first shift back. But after that I've not had an issue with it.

Michelle

I'll look at as an opportunity to rest my beleaguered hamstrings and develop new drinks. Cheers, Jeff
                See if you can develop some semi low cal drinks for when they let us back into the Onederland club.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

See if you can develop some semi low cal drinks for when they let us back into the Onederland club.
                  Mike, I'll see what I can do, but not too likely -- when I'm bored and idle, the drinks I develop aren't usually low-cal!

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Surgery is scheduled for Wednesday morning. Doc said walking within a week, light jogging within two. Hopefully, that means hill repeats within three. Tongue

Surgery is scheduled for Wednesday morning. Doc said walking within a week, light jogging within two. Hopefully, that means hill repeats within three. Tongue
                      That's good news, Jeff. Sorry that you won't be running hills for a couple weeks, but at least you'll be back soon. Make sure not to drink too many of those Pepper Jacks while you are off - because I fully intend to be inside the Onederland Clubhouse next week and if you're not there - I'll eat all the snacks again.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Don't play with the stitches. Really, it messes with the scar, as I found out. Angry

Michelle

The voice of mile 18

OUCH! hope you feel better soon.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy