I think my kid's a natural! (Read 653 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Look at that form! Sheesh, I've never looked half that good running... Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

What a great pic! I think we have some little runners on our hands Kirsten! Wink
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What a great pic! I think we have some little runners on our hands Kirsten! Wink
        Thanks--did took that while I was stretching yesterday. Smile You know, I really can't wait until Dane is just a little older and can do a 5k with me, then eventually a 10k. What I am not looking forward to is the day when he kicks my ass in a race--I have a feeling this will be within 5 years. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks--did took that while I was stretching yesterday. Smile You know, I really can't wait until Dane is just a little older and can do a 5k with me, then eventually a 10k. What I am not looking forward to is the day when he kicks my ass in a race--I have a feeling this will be within 5 years. Tongue k
          it may be sooner than you think - a friend of ours back in the uk has a 7yr old boy who ran sub 45mins for 10k. i doubt i'll ever be able to run that fast!
          shyrunner07

look at dane go!! Shocked That's so cool that he had fun yesterday! What did they have in the obstacle course? Oh and sheesh....he has really sprouted up since i last saw him!! Shocked Shocked Even in the picture he looks really tall!
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

it may be sooner than you think - a friend of ours back in the uk has a 7yr old boy who ran sub 45mins for 10k. i doubt i'll ever be able to run that fast!
              *cries* Damn, that kid is going to be winning races left and right if he keeps that up. Gosh, I'm sort of afraid to have my son run anything with me, now. He's 6.5 and maybe he could beat me at a 5k right now--though I think his attention span would be his limiter, now. He'd literally go chase a butterfly if he saw one. Even on his bike I'm amazed that a fluttering Monarch hasn't caused him to ram a tree. Tongue Andrea, the little obstacle courses were really short...I think Derek said it took Dane about 20 seconds. They had to jump some little low hurdles, crawl through some tubes, pick up some balls, and kick a ball. Not sure what else. He had a great time, though. And he is pretty tall. We had him into his ped. maybe a month ago and his doctor said he's 75th percentile. Though for weight I think he's 50 or less. Scrawny and tall. He sure didn't get his build from me (though at that age I was tall and skinny--it just didn't last once I hit puberty and stopped growing upwards at age 12). Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

btb1490

Not only is his form great, but he also has smiling for the camera while running down pat already!
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Not only is his form great, but he also has smiling for the camera while running down pat already!
                  I know...I practice those things and can't ever get a decent race photo--all the races I've run in the past year and I've never had a single photo of myself that I've wanted to spend $$ on--including the ones DH has taken of me (actually, his are the worst--I swear he waits for me to look terrible before he presses the shutter button). Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Awesome shot! He's a lucky kid to have folks like you guys to get him started in the right direction with athletics.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                    Thyroid Support Group

He looks great!
                      2008 Goals
                    • Run 1250 miles
                    • Get down to 135!
                    • Break 5 hours in the NJ Marathon
                      • Great picture!! Watch out, he'll be zipping by you in no time! And I know how it feels after my son beat me in that one 5k....Such a mixture of emotions, happy that he did so well, frustrated that he beat me, sad that it just proves old age is catching me! Tongue

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Great picture!! Watch out, he'll be zipping by you in no time! And I know how it feels after my son beat me in that one 5k....Such a mixture of emotions, happy that he did so well, frustrated that he beat me, sad that it just proves old age is catching me! Tongue
                          Exactly! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Cool Myspace profile picture! Big grin

Michelle