I'm dumping him. (Read 1868 times)

HermosaBoy

In the "it isn't Taco Bell" battle for regional fast food with Taco in the name....

Taco Villa (Texas) > Taco Bueno (more widespread) > Taco Time (Pacific Northwest) > Taco Johns (plains) > big big big gap > Taco Bell.

Ok then.

Beer will miss you.  But ultimately it will lead to goodness.

(I did not count Taco Del Mar, because that's a "burrito as big as your head" place. Different list.)

Explanation for PNW folks: Taco Time would rank higher, but Taco Time is spendy.  Better ingrediments, but spendy.

Del Taco?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

xor

I haven't been to a Del Taco in a long time, though randomly there is one (and ONLY one) near Seattle, but I recall them being more on the Taco Bell end than the Taco Villa end.  Times may have changed.

When I was a kid, there were Del Tacos all over Dallas.  Then they all went away, like the cat in the hat.

(on a different list, I have never been to an In-n-out, five guys, nor steak and shake)

HermosaBoy

I haven't been to a Del Taco in a long time, though randomly there is one (and ONLY one) near Seattle, but I recall them being more on the Taco Bell end than the Taco Villa end.  Times may have changed.

(on a different list, I have never been to an In-n-out, five guys, nor steak and shake)

Definitely more on the Taco Bell end.  Really GREAT at 2:30 am.  Although the after effects the next day can be disastrous!!!

In-N-Out is more of a 10 am the day after establishment in my opinion.  The lines were usually fairly long on Sunday mornings waiting for them to open.  Not that I would know...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Just blame men.  It's easier.  Wink

Well, dh and his friends are the ones who got me started drinking beer, so yes.....this works for me!
          TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Sadly - Yes

But happily I recognize this - So certian things just are not kept in the house.  Right now beer is one of them.   

Exactly.   

steph  

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well, dh and his friends are the ones who got me started drinking beer, so yes.....this works for me!

At least 80% of the time it's my DH bringing wine or beer into the house...yep, I'm gonna have to blame him, as well. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Darn boys!

My wife is a "Normie" = Normal person and can have 1 beer each night and be happy. 

Mine is too, that's one of the reasons I quit.

Bottom line. I never tried to quit or cut back.   Once I did try, I found myself oddly annoyed at stopping at one.  Scary, eh?   Sadly, it was easier to just not drink at all. 

So, what does a binger like me do?  I picked up dark chocolate. 

WTG Anya !

- Anya

Kalsarikännit

So certain things just are not kept in the house.   

Cereal.  Doesn't matter the kind.  I love everything including the uber-healthy, colon-blow, bran nuggets/flakes/twigs.  Any box of cereal that enters the house is gone in a day.  I don't even need milk.  I can't buy it anymore.  

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Cereal.  Doesn't matter the kind.  I love everything including the uber-healthy, colon-blow, bran nuggets/flakes/twigs.  Any box of cereal that enters the house is gone in a day.  I don't even need milk.  I can't buy it anymore.  

That's hilarious.

- Anya

xor

I too have a cereal addiction. And it goes way back.  I got hooked in the dorm cafeteria.  It started with Capn Crunch. One sitting, one box.  These days it could be bran flakes, Honey Bunches of Oh!, hippie dippie puffins, whatever. If I have it, I will eat it.  All of it.

Except Raisin Bran.

That shit's nasty.

I too have a cereal addiction. And it goes way back.  I got hooked in the dorm cafeteria.  It started with Capn Crunch. One sitting, one box.  These days it could be bran flakes, Honey Bunches of Oh!, hippie dippie puffins, whatever. If I have it, I will eat it.  All of it.

Except Raisin Bran.

That shit's nasty.

It's sad to think of all the sugary cereal we ate when we were kids.   I'm talking King Vitamin, Count Cocula, Boo Berry, Coco Puffs, you name it.  My favorite was Coco Crispies. I loved it when the milk turned chocolate!  

I also remember putting so much suger in my Cheerios, that I could spoon it up when the cereal was gone.   How healthy!

Captain Crunch is a roof of your mouth killer.  

- Anya

vegefrog

This is my problem. It doesn't help that I like to include beer with my favorite activities.

Many of my household task are tied to the number of beers it takes to complete.

Mowing the yard is a 3 beer job.

Helping with the dishes is 1

Helping with the laundry is load dependant but I can usually fold two loads to 1 beer

Changing the oil in the car is 1, if the neighbor helps it's 6

This weekend I need to clean the gutters...I suspect this will take at least 6 beers.

Sweeping the garage is 2

Organizing the garage is a 12 pack.

This summer I'm building a new detached garage...I've been in contact with the distributor.

Yep! We do this in our household too. How much beer we buy for the weekend depends on what chores are being done around the house Smile Chore beer + relaxing on the deck beer = total weekend beer consumption

Weeding, digging and planting my garden Sunday took 8. My husband was building some planter boxes for me and that took him a whole 12 pack, LOL.

I'm guilty of the cereal habit, too. Good grief--I guess I like almost everything. But no watermelon. Blech.
                              xor

It's sad to think of all the sugary cereal we ate when we were kids.   I'm talking King Vitamin, Count Cocula, Boo Berry, Coco Puffs, you name it.  My favorite was Coco Crispies. I loved it when the milk turned chocolate!  

I (luckily?) didn't get hooked on the hopped up cereal until college.  We were super poor when I was a kid... and brefass usually consisted of white rice.  On which we dumped spoons and spoons of sugar and parkay margarine.

I suspect the Capn Crunch and King Vitamin were healthier.  Heh.

I don't like watermelon either.  But that's because of a post-watermelon puke adventure.  It comes out pretty much like it goes in.  And, in my case, I was amazed by how many seeds I had consumed.