June 2015 update summary (Read 707 times)

runnerjo

Anyone having an issue where manually logged events are being duplicated? For example, if I enter a run for today and save, it ends up creating 2 identical entries. I then have to delete the extra entry.  This started happening after the recent update.

eric :)

This is a known problem.  Please see here: http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/c1f80e176c214ac4b2d716220e76c54a#focus

I'm working on a fix.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

GC permission  should it be a read allow "read".

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

an amazing likeness

GC permission  should it be a read allow "read".

Yes.  It should list:

Application = RunningAHEAD

Permission = Read

Under RunningAHEAD it should show the web url of http://www.runningahead.com

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

The set up is apparently right. Thanks. It is still not loading automatically.

Yes.  It should list:

Application = RunningAHEAD

Permission = Read

Under RunningAHEAD it should show the web url of http://www.runningahead.com

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Hello Eric,

I like the Run Spots feature, looks nice and fun.

The new design of workout page:

I'm not completely sure about it, obviously I miss the next/previous arrows (I have been using them before a lot), and the empty map (most of my workouts I enter by hand, just typing distance and time) is useless (just omit the whole box, if no tab has data?)... But you are already fixing some of it, I see the next/previous is on the list too, nice.

But even when I consider the new design further improved, I don't exactly fall in love with it.

One of the reasons may be: if you are heading toward some lean interface, which is suitable even for mobile devices, I think you are still way too "wide" and not "responsive" enough. And I'm using the site on laptop anyway, so if you break that one by going "mobile" too much, I will not like it. Smile

Another: at the moment, when the rest of site is using old design (which, while looking a bit dated, has impressive functionality and also it is quite lean, so it will be not easy to surpass it with anything new), it looks somehow broken. Maybe once the whole site will fit together with the new workout, I will like it visually more.

The white data on the dark blue/gray box at top.. vs the old style subsection headings... I think it's lacking overall vision and style.

I appreciate the amount of work you put into the site, and the reliability, it has been serving me really well over the years, but after recent issue with Endomondo's redesign I'm quite afraid when I hear about redesign of my favourite training log. I hope you will manage much better. Smile

JLarson

I'll try out that Garmin Connect thing tomorrow.  Thanks for getting this done, Eric.  Woohoo!

Alas, must say that I'm less than enthused about the new page that pops up when you click on a workout.  I actually rarely look at the map of my workouts, more interested in the splits and comments  Now the map and elevation profile is front and center.  It would be better, for me of course, if there were a preferences selection where you could select the Splits tab as the default.  Shields on ....

Me too. Will there be anything done about this? An option to remove the map? I never, ever use the mapping feature and now it takes up 75% of the screen....

JLarson

Hi Eric,

Excited to test out the new version of RA

I do however already seem to have hit a minor bug. If I create a ‘New Weights Entry’, save it and then go to edit. It doesn’t open as if it was a Weight but instead as if it was a Bike? So I can’t correct any of my exercise or add anything if I made a mistake.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Efes

EDIT: If I open a Weights entry in edit mode, change something and save it. I get the message that an unknown error has occurred.

I have also encountered this. I frequently do the same weights (or "other" workout) so I will copy a previous workout with the intention of adding it to my current day. With these new changes, if I copy an old workout to today, it defaults to a bike as opposed to just nothing. Before I had entered it simply as a "new event entry" but when I copy it it defaults it to a bike....

anneb

This Garmin connect thing is pretty cool. I just got a new 220 a month ago and finally downloaded the app and connected the watch to my phone, and, boom! there are now 33 runs that I need to do something with. I suppose I will start using all of my watch data again!

Thanks, Eric Smile

Anne

JLarson

As of today I also cannot delete entries. When I edit an entry and click delete, a confirmation window pops up asking if I would like to delete it. I say yes, and the entry remains.

That among other problems. After I make an entry and go back in to edit it later, the interval/splits fields don't work, and the time of day doesn't show up at all for me to edit

anneb

You can delete via the list of workouts. Not that its ideal, but a workaround until the issue gets fixed.

As of today I also cannot delete entries. When I edit an entry and click delete, a confirmation window pops up asking if I would like to delete it. I say yes, and the entry remains.

That among other problems. After I make an entry and go back in to edit it later, the interval/splits fields don't work, and the time of day doesn't show up at all for me to edit

Anne

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Summary Page Lock down

Many of you reported that you accidentally delete widgets from the summary page, especially when you're on your touch based devices.  The widget controls are now hidden by default.  You need to click the "Edit Layout" button to enable editing.

It's not working. Twice since the upgrade, I have accidentally moved widgets around while scrolling on my Kindle, without tapping the Edit Layout button.

It's not working. Twice since the upgrade, I have accidentally moved widgets around while scrolling on my Kindle, without tapping the Edit Layout button.

Same here, on iPad/safari. I would say it half works, since I can no longer accidentally delete them.  But yeah, it would be great if we could lock down the layout because I screw mine up daily.

eric :)

Same here, on iPad/safari. I would say it half works, since I can no longer accidentally delete them.  But yeah, it would be great if we could lock down the layout because I screw mine up daily.

The touch devices has a separate code path for drag and drop.  The fix is being deployed now and will be available momentarily.

eric Smile

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Thanks!