The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

Doc, my tooth hurts

So are we throwing out predictions on who is dying in the finale? I'm pretty sure Hershel is a goner because there were 2 scenes that foreshadowed it pretty heavily. The scene were he says something along the lines of "There's nothing I wouldn't do to protect you" to his family. Also giving his blessing to Glen to marry Maggie and "handing off" his daughter.  I really think that the governor is also a goner, since every non walker villain has been killed up to this point. I'm still unsure whether Milton or Rick will end up being the new leader of the town, I guess it depends if the writers want the town to be the main setting for next season.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think you may be right about Herschel...he's been such a minor character this season, too.  Not sure I agree about the gov, though.  I don't know why, but I think we're still in for more from that nasty cyclops.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

If the prison group does hit the road, Hershel is the one who would be slowing them down. Just hope he doesn't stay to lure the gub's comrades into the prison.

Didn't he attempt to make a stand when the walkers overtook his home/farm? Seems like he ran out of shells in his shotgun. (May have to go back and watch that episode again) ETA. memory was almost correct. nice summary write up on final episode of season 2.

Get off my porch

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If the prison group does hit the road, Hershel is the one who would be slowing them down. Just hope he doesn't stay to lure the gub's comrades into the prison.

Didn't he attempt to make a stand when the walkers overtook his home/farm? Seems like he ran out of shells in his shotgun. (May have to go back and watch that episode again)

I'd put money on your being right about how Herschel meets his end.  It makes me really sad.  He's a good guy, even though I was not fond of him early-on.

I really hope the group will be leaving the prison.  That is one setting that I'm tired of seeing.

~ Sarah Kay

Ostrich runner

I think Milton gets martyred when turning on the gov. Little Ass Kicker gets cut in half by machine gun fire.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

12-week layoff

I finished the first compendium of the books a few weeks ago...interesting to see what's the same, and what is different.  I have predictions based on what I've read, but I won't spoil anything.

lagwagon

Not sure I agree about the gov, though.  I don't know why, but I think we're still in for more from that nasty cyclops.

I really hope you aren't right with this, I really think the show needs to move on from him.  I'm ready for Andrea to go also, but dont think she will.

I have no beef with either the prison setting (except they need to secure it, still) nor the town.  Although it'd be cool to see the show take on an new dimension (for example, I liked the NIH arc which should have been deeper.  Also I think they could do a lot more with battling the disease, seeking a cure, cleaning a broader area, etc).  I dread that the show is turning into "Lost" with a prolonged battle against "the others".

I also hope Tyrese will play a bigger role next season, I like that dude.  Also think they should do something more with Beth (once Andrea is dead!)

MrH

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

jeffdonahue

Finally got a chance to catch up and watch teh Finale last night while the wife was working.

I do have to say that I think Carl's actions last night finally confirm it - Shane was his real dad.

I was a bit surprised by a few things - not sure what people have seen and dont want to ruin it for them, but I must say that the Governor seems even more psycho now than I originally thought he was (and this is already taking into account the daughter and room full of heads thing).

Still havent figured out how Darryl is handling the death of Merle - after the original freaking out reaction last week, he seemed to have just brushed it off completely now.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Huh...I never thought about Lori and Shane hooking up for that many years.  I would be interesting if Carl was Shane's kid and Little Ass-Kicker was Rick's.

It was interesting that Merle was almost a non-entity

Michonne is rapidly becoming my favorite character -- perhaps right next to Daryl.

Finally got a chance to catch up and watch teh Finale last night while the wife was working.

I do have to say that I think Carl's actions last night finally confirm it - Shane was his real dad.

I was a bit surprised by a few things - not sure what people have seen and dont want to ruin it for them, but I must say that the Governor seems even more psycho now than I originally thought he was (and this is already taking into account the daughter and room full of heads thing).

Still havent figured out how Darryl is handling the death of Merle - after the original freaking out reaction last week, he seemed to have just brushed it off completely now.

~ Sarah Kay

yeoldefatguy

I just think Carl is growing up in a kill or die world. I would guess children centuries ago were just as emotionally hardened. But I do kind of agree with the kid when he explained to Rick about all the consequences of inaction.

I thought the finale kind of sucked. Just more crap to drag on to next season. I'm getting kind of tired of this group. I really hope somebody interesting shows up next season.

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet?

http://thechive.com/2013/04/03/a-few-things-that-make-no-sense-about-the-walking-dead-33-photos/

kaleidoscopeEyes

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet?

http://thechive.com/2013/04/03/a-few-things-that-make-no-sense-about-the-walking-dead-33-photos/

Haha, these are great.

kaleidoscopeEyes

I've been avoiding this thread because I haven't gotten a chance to watch any episodes since Clear, but I finally got caught up last night.

I have a jumble of thoughts.

I, like zoom-zoom, also had feelings of "No, not Andrea!!" followed immediately by, "WTF, I hate her!", ha.  Ultimately, though, I had the sads for her at the end.  But here's a video that showed up on my Facebook news feed:

http://www.frequency.com/video/walking-dead-featuring-kool-gang/88372164/-/5-345874

Hahahahaha.

I wonder if Laurie Holden takes it personally that people hate Andrea so much.  And is it all Andrea, or it something about Laurie Holden that turns people off?  I'm not sure.  When I saw Holden in Silent Hill, I had no feelings of wanting to strangle her.  So for me, I guess it's just the Andrea character.

Anyways, I thought they kind of lamed out on the finale and her exit.  I thought for sure we'd see some, if not completely graphic, at least psychologically disturbing, scenes of the Governor torturing her in that dentist's chair.  That would have made for some good drama.  Not ONE scene, though!  Just cut to Andrea with some scrapes on her face and a little blood on her jacket.  Come on.  That's it?!  All that anticipation about that torture chair and the Hostel tools glistening menacingly by the light of that cold, single bare light bulb, and all we get is a cut-to shot of Andrea looking like she scraped herself falling off a mechanical bull at the honky tonk?

But I could appreciate her ultimate ending, where she gets to put herself down, on her own terms.  A running theme with her has been about her wanting to be her own woman, wanting to be the master of her own fate (remember how pissed she was at Dale over making her leave the CDC suicide), etc. etc., so her ending was kinda poetic.  It also mirrored how she put down Amy.  Sister deaths.

One last thing about Andrea--when she dropped those pliers, I literally shook my fist at the TV screen and made a walker-like hissing/gurgling sound through clenched teeth.

kaleidoscopeEyes

Someone mentioned something about Lost.  That reminds me.  I wish, for my own personal entertainment, we could have pre zombie apocalypse Flashbacks.  Not within the actual storyline of the show, but as ancillary, supplemental webisodes (although I know with the actors' contracts and salary, that would be impossible).  A couple years ago I watched some of the webisodes on the AMC/The Walking Dead website.  They are kinda pointless and not really that well executed.  If they are gonna produce The Walking Dead webisodes unrelated to the story, I'd rather have Flashback webisodes of the main characters, instead of random stories of random unknowns.  In particular, I want to know what the Governor was like when he was just Phil.  And Michonne?  Glen?

Also, as far as next season is concerned, I read that Tyrese, Sasha and Beth are being promoted to Series Regular status, as opposed to only Recurring.  Hershel and Carol will still remain only Recurring/Guest actors.  So make of that what you will.  I find it strange that Carol is not a Series Regular.