Experts Find Having Fun Not Necessarily A Key To Victory (Read 620 times)

Katie H

Chicago winter running

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/82220 Thought others would get a laugh out of the headline like I did- no one is better at this than The Onion. I've never started a thread outside of my own group before so I'm sorry if I did something wrong- but couldn't find another appropriate place to put this.
    We must speak with all the humility that is appropriate to our limited vision, but we must speak. - MLK Jr.
      Omigosh, another LOL fit thanks to the Onion. I am proud of my son, Micro, for many reasons...foremost among them that he is a devoted Onion fan. Yes
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

"Most of the time, athletes are concentrating remarkably hard and are making an all-out physical effort to outdo their opponent, which leaves little or no opportunity to experience joy, feel a love of the game, and least of all, have fun." Maybe if I stop having fun I could be fast... Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Feeling the growl again

Funny, the times when I'm laying the smack down on other competitors in races I was having quite a bit of fun even if it hurt like hell! It's all in your perspective I guess...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills