The Winter Smackdown (Read 252 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Any lost loved one is tough, but 12, oh my.  My girls are 8,13 ... I cannot imagine.

Just keeping focussing on possitive things - The sun will shine on your face again soon!

Yup.  It's still very surreal.  My son is also 12.  He and his cousin were as close as 2 boys living far apart could be.  Had they been local to one another they would have almost certainly been BFFs.  In some really awful way I'm thankful that we don't live closer.  I can't imagine how my son would be grieving were he to have lost his cousin AND best friend.  I saw my nephew's 2 closest friends at his funeral.  Those boys were so torn-up and are still really struggling with their loss.  The 3 boys have been friends since kindergarten.

Adding insult to injury was coming home to find that our previously healthy 14.5 year old kitty was in the midst of lung and kidney failure.  He was healthy and robust when we left on the 25th.  So DH had to take him 45 minutes to the emergency vet when we arrived home.  They treated him the best they could, but he was dying.  2 days after we returned from the funeral trip we had him put peacefully to sleep.  My DH was pretty wrecked over this.  That kitty was like velcro to him.  As long as my DH was in the house that cat was touching him.

Focusing on the positive…2 days ago we adopted a 6 month old polydactyl kitten from a local rescue.  It's the first great thing that has happened in almost 2 months, so we hope her presence is a turning point.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay