Chaffing wound remedies (Read 787 times)

DoppleBock

I run a lot of miles and I rub raw often - For my bum, thighs and groin area - I have the same pre-run and post rub raw incident remedy - The initial cost is very cheap and it works great.  The long term cost is higher as it stains all your running shorts.  I use vasoline - Pre long run I glop in in the likely areas.  Once I am raw - Every pre-run I put on and post run - post painful shower I reapply - Athough much lessor amounts post shower as I do not want my dockers to be full of vasoline stains.

If applies consistently after a run raw episode - It takes 2-4 days to heal up.

Then, last  Sunday I ended up with missing skin and bloody spots on the inner parts of my thighs during a long run. Apparently my shorts have a stitch that becomes annoying only after 15 or so km (or they have a will of their own and decided they'd like to become red).  

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Lynx

As for healing, also, try using a cotton ball or gauze taped around the area, rather than a bandaid.  It will let it breathe better and heal faster. 

I'm using gauze. Thanks.

Why is it sideways?

Olive oil works well and it's cheap, plus the Greeks used it back in the day.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dude. The Greeks ran nekkid. No chafing.

Why is it sideways?

Dude. The Greeks ran nekkid. No chafing.

Yes, they ran nekkid, but they used olive oil to prevent chafing. It ain't just clothes that causes chafing.

xor

I use olive oil.

Which makes me the message board pesto.

(robert->pest.  roberto->pesto)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It ain't just clothes that causes chafing.

Word.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

I use olive oil.

Which makes me the message board pesto.

(robert->pest.  roberto->pesto)

Yeah. TSA doesn't recognize that. Although Louis C. K. did a great bit on oil and the TSA--"It's for masturbation"...

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

Yeah. TSA doesn't recognize that. Although Louis C. K. did a great bit on oil and the TSA--"It's for masturbation"...

I was hoping you'd make an ECM comment on chaff and its implication on chafing.

I use my wife's cracked nipple cream (from when she was breast feeding). It is great, heals me sup in two days max.

DoppleBock

Yes - I have fat thighs - There I said it ... are you happy now. 

Yes, they ran nekkid, but they used olive oil to prevent chafing. It ain't just clothes that causes chafing.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !