New Balance 1061 Running Shoes (Read 804 times)

Need a new pair of shoes (BAD) and am looking at the NB 1061......look really good and can find some deals at $30 ro 40 off the normal price..... Does anyone have experience with this shoe and would you recommend it?? JohnA

Champions are made when no one is watching

I've got the 1062s (update of the 1061 and why those are so cheap), and in general I like them. I've had some problems with forefoot cushioning feeling inadequate, but I don't think it's necessarily a shoe problem. Some of the people who responded to me in that thread had 1061/1062 and really liked them. All the other reviews I've ever seen have been nothing but positive.
      Brandon
      derek

I'm on my 3rd pair of 1061s and I love them. I ran 500 miles on my first pair and I have 2 pairs that I rotate. One has 428 miles and the other has about 190 miles. I just saw recently that they have been discontinued so I plan to grab another pair to hold on to.

Derek

I picked up a pair at the NB outlet in Lawrence on Sunday. They were listed at $69.99, and I had a 20% off coupon from the City Shopper magazine. That brought the price down to $56, which is a good price for a nice pair of cushioned trainers. Of course it rained like monsoon season last night, so they haven't taken their maiden voyage yet. That will have to wait until tomorrow night, I'll be sporting flats for tonight's 5K.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

IMKY13 finish!!

Need a new pair of shoes (BAD) and am looking at the NB 1061......look really good and can find some deals at $30 ro 40 off the normal price..... Does anyone have experience with this shoe and would you recommend it?? JohnA
            I love the 1061's. I've been "gobbling" them up when I see any off them. I've got two new pairs from close-outs that should last me the rest of the year...and even into 2009 a bit. I've heard the 1062's are even better, so when I get some extra money, I might pick up a pair of them to see how they are.

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

I love the 1061's. I've been "gobbling" them up when I see any off them.
              I finally got an opportunity to give mine a couple of runs, including a 16 miler yesterday. I headed for the NB outlet clutching another 20% coupon and grabbed another pair. Time will tell, but so far they seem like a great neutral cushioned trainer.

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

JOHNMAGGIO

Just as an FYI the 1063 is coming soon. I have a tech video which i will post in my blog and then make a post in the gears section about it. So get ready to pick up a bunch of 1062s on clearence when you can find them. The 1060 series is New Balance's elite neutral cushioned running shoe. It is considered high end so if nuetral cushion is what you need, then I would recommend the 1060 (my fav), 1061, 1062 and/or 1063.
                www.nbannapolis.com