sore feet (Read 550 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

I have been running in my mizuno wave inspire for about 100 miles or so now, and I have noticed a twinge I never used to get before. It is in my feet, sometimes they ache when I run, and especially when I get home and take off my trainers, they ache on the base. Any ideas whats going on here? Should I get a new pair? COuld this lead to injury? It strange because I have never know aching feet before, it is normally the knee or calf. MAny thanks in advance PS, all you guys who know me, I am officially back on the run - and I can tell you it is very hard returning from an injury.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

I had Mizuno Wave Riders, and couldn't go for more than about 4 miles at a time without my feet starting to hurt. I wound up just turning them into weight lifting shoes and eventually tossed them. Now I have Mizuno Wave Precisions and don't have those sorts of problems. I would recommend getting a new pair of shoes. If you keep having problems with those shoes, then you can always rotate between the two pairs. If you don't, then junk the mizunos. (Note that I recommend always rotating between at least 2 pairs of shoes anyway.)

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)