Default location keeps changing (Read 611 times)

Ben Running

there seems to be a lot of issues with maps but i didnt see one opened about this issue - when i go to put in a new course it starts out zoomed all the way out to the entire world. I have reset it to my address and it lasted a few days and now it is back to the entire globe - any thoughts.
    eric :)

Ben, How did you "reset it"? I checked your account and the info seem to be correct. When it happens again, could you let me know and not reset your location? eric :-)
      Ben Running

Eric, it is that way right now. Maybe i explained it wrong, when i click on "new course" to plot out a new run it starts out zoomed all the way out so i can see the whole world. It used to start right at my front door. Anyway, right now i did it and it is zoomed all the way out . No big deal but it is obviously more convenient for it to be right at my street when i bring it up instead of having to zoom and pan.

Ben, I copied down your settings. Can you specify your address and let me know. Make sure you save the location first. eric :-)

Skooter 3.0

+1 on the screwed up default locale...it's been that way for 2 days

Goals?

Ben Running

Eric, today my running log was in Kilometers instead of miles and i didnt change anything. Any thoughts?

+1 on the screwed up default locale...it's been that way for 2 days
                What happens when you set your location again? Does it remember it?

Eric, today my running log was in Kilometers instead of miles and i didnt change anything. Any thoughts?
                  Ben, I checked your account and everything is displaying correctly. Did you change your distance unit back to miles after you made this post? I made an update this weekend to separate the different unit systems, that could have affected your settings although I'm not sure how that's possible. eric :-)
                  Ben Running

yes i did change it back to miles. OK this morning i am not getting any map at all when i go to create a new course. There is nothing there.

It looks like Google broke something. The RA maps are set to use the latestly mapping code from Google. They made an update last night and it contained an error that caused the maps to not show. Give me a few minutes to set the maps to use an older version. eric :-)

I've switched to use an older version of Google maps. It looks like the problem is fixed.