Give Pfitz another shot or try Hansons? (Read 947 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I find goal MP to be challenging - I think 6.5 is the most I've done of it yet. Trying again today.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I read your previous race info a few weeks ago and I still think it was the High Humidity that day which was a huge factor in a slower time!  (Backed up by others at the same race who had much slower times than usual).

I would give the same plan another shot in an upcoming race and I feel that you will find your next performance time (with much less humidity) to be much better :-)   I'd do Pfitz again for your next race, but whatever you decide, I think you are going to have a spectacularly better race in better running conditions with less humidity, regardless of which plan you choose.  Well, that and also not starting out on race day at too fast a pace + doing the zig-zagging around race traffic!  (Most of us are guilty of that one, so am I in my last 26.2)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I read your previous race info a few weeks ago and I still think it was the High Humidity that day which was a huge factor in a slower time!  (Backed up by others at the same race who had much slower times than usual).

I would give the same plan another shot in an upcoming race and I feel that you will find your next performance time (with much less humidity) to be much better :-)   I'd do Pfitz again for your next race, but whatever you decide, I think you are going to have a spectacularly better race in better running conditions with less humidity, regardless of which plan you choose.  Well, that and also not starting out on race day at too fast a pace + doing the zig-zagging around race traffic!  (Most of us are guilty of that one, so am I in my last 26.2)

Lol, thanks, KLD!  Yeah, I've decided to consider that day to be the day that I tried several stupid race-day mistakes, to get the personal experience of exactly why they're stupid (this is, sadly, the only way I learn sometimes)!  Including not modifying goal time for humidity, though I think that one will be the hardest to resist doing again.  So aggravating to have to give up a goal you've worked for months toward because of something that neither I nor anyone else has any control over!  Goal race this time is OKC at the end of April...could be humid there and then, too.  Also rainy (like last year) and/or windy (like it is 364 days of the year).

Hansons book should be in today...going to try to absorb as much of it as I can over the weekend, then start training on one plan or the other on Monday.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people