2015 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 689 times)

Hi C-R! Great goal.

I am too much of a cheapskate and never get the jacket.

Too bad about the schedule conflict Spaniel.

Training is coming along----adding miles and also layers of winter wear as we go.

Y

Hey, thanks for adding me to the list.  My goal is 2:35 at best but happy sub 2:40.  It's pretty neat you put this together, helps others with similar goals see where they are in their training.

lagwagon

I've been slow to commit here; I have a lot going on with family and work that make it a bad idea.  But hell, I'm already registered and training, seems I'll finds me a way.

Its my first Boston, and aiming to go sub 2:55.  If training goes well (and the Ryan Hall winds prevail), maybe 2:50.  The plan is Pfitz 18/70.  Tempos are going well...MP runs, well, suck.  Cant wait for sunday.

thanks for the thread Julia!

Julia1971

FYI, I added a link to Unicorn Television on the first page.  I found a neat video on hill running.  It's mostly about form rather than training.  I definitely need to remember to hold my head up when I'm running them.

Hope everyone's training is going well.  It's going to be a trying few days weather-wise for those in the mid-Atlantic/Northeastern part of the U.S.

northernman

Fight The Future

Sounds like another Snowmageddon coming your way. We are having the opposite- a heat wave in Minnesota. High of 38 (above, that is) predicted for Wednesday.

I'm starting to work on cutting now, will see if I can lose 10 pounds by April

just need that and roller skates and I should be fine!

You can add me to the list as well.   I've enjoyed reading the thread so far.   3rd Boston.   Not a goal race, but hoping to at least run sub 3:15 this time around.

Julia1971

Sounds like another Snowmageddon coming your way. We are having the opposite- a heat wave in Minnesota. High of 38 (above, that is) predicted for Wednesday.

I'm starting to work on cutting now, will see if I can lose 10 pounds by April

just need that and roller skates and I should be fine!

Man, 38 is a heat wave?  I guess you just get used to those temperatures.

Good luck with the weight loss!  After doing 10 miles with hill repeats in freezing rain, I treated myself to two donuts for breakfast.    I have a feeling I'll be keeping my extra 5 lbs. for a while.

5 lbs?  I wish.

Between a week in Mexico (damn all inclusives) in mid-December, lots of Christmas baking, and a recent 2 week trip to Australia and Fiji, I am looking to cut 20 lbs for Boston!  I doubt it!!

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya...just stumbled upon this.  2015 will be my 9th, but I'm slower than y'all.  And I'm doing Boston 2 Big Sur so I'm just planning on crusing and having fun this year.  And I blew out my ankle in Philly so am coming back from being on crutches on Thanksgiving.

But I know CNYrunner.  And I still have/use my 2007 jacket.

Bet  I win in the kvetching category.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

bhearn

But I know CNYrunner.  And I still have/use my 2007 jacket.

Me too!

Julia1971

I'm happy to see the roster growing.  I hope everyone is getting some good training in (especially the north easterners).

My training is going well.  I've had to hit the treadmill a couple times, most recently yesterday due to 40 mph winds.  I'm 38 days out from my goal marathon, so just under 3 more weeks of hard training.  I'm feeling good about sub-3:30.  (I always do even though I haven't hit it, yet. Smile )   My goal for Boston will depending on how well I do in that race.  If I hit sub-3:20 there, I don't think I'll try for it again a month later.  But, I'm training for a hilly marathon effort just in case.

rlopez

Hi Julia.

Julia1971

Hi Julia.

What up, boss!  One of my favorite Boston memories: running next to you.  Smile

rlopez

What up, boss!  One of my favorite Boston memories: running next to you.  Smile

I'm fat as hell, slow, and getting lost on trails.  WOOHOO!

Julia1971

I'm fat as hell, slow, and getting lost on trails.  WOOHOO!

Yay!!!!  I'm sure you're doing all of that with your signature style.  Be careful out there on the trails.  Or, hey, learn some survivalist skills!