Running Belts (Read 336 times)

Feeling the growl again

fuel/running belt on a few laps around the 200m indoor track.  

Tell him to get off my lawn.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

BigGahoona

I've tried a few belts, SpiBelt, FlipBelt, SomethingSistersBelt (maybe it was fitsisters?), and a fuel belt with the water bottles. What I finally found that really worked for me is to carry my trust handheld bottle for water and wear this RunningBuddy pouch. It uses magnets and just clips over the waistband of whatever you're wearing. So there's no riding up or twisting around or fussing with it to get it back in place. It might bounce a little but it's minimal because I HATE anything bouncing when I'm running. I want everything locked and loaded. And it fits my iPhone 6s very nicely. Two thumbs wayyyy up for the RunningBuddy.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Hi - recently bought this (http://www.amphipod.com/products/visibility/reflective-xinglets/belts/360-full-viz-reflective-belt) to replace an ancient velcro-on wrist wallet. Works pretty well for holding ID/hotel-room cards plus a little cash. Agree that zippered pockets are even better, but sometimes it's too warm for the one item I have (jacket) that has them. --chackman17

I use an REI brand belt with 2 bottles.  both usually 1/2 full with water & the other Accelarade.  fits good around hips & stays tight.  has small zippered pouch in middle between the bottle holders. gels, phone or ??   My ID is in zippered pocket in running shorts.  have not used it in a while but did today as I am beginning to build on LR for HM & FM.  dont use for actual races but helps with refueling plans (will use aid stations).

Whenever I pass another runner wearing a fuel belt, I almost always ask for a drink.

Of course, where I run 80-90 % of my miles, there is a water fountain every mile or so.