Red Sox vs Rockies! (Read 571 times)

PWL

Has been

It is going to be a fun World Series! Smile

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Imminent Catastrophe

It might be played in the snow! Should be fun.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

It might be played in the snow! Should be fun.
        That should be the case in both venues, but it was 65 degrees when Dice-K threw the first pitch last night. That's just WRONG for Boston in October. You won't find any of the players complaining about global warming though, playing baseball in really cold weather's not a whole lot of fun.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Unfortunately, WJAB can't play the red sox broadcast, they need to play the ESPN broadcast. Which means that there is a high probability that I am not going to like whoever is going to call the games.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Actually, Dave O'Brien does a lot of work with ESPN, so who knows, he might get tapped. I know that I'm going to have some weary days in the office this week and next ... why do they start the games so damn late?
              I know that I'm going to have some weary days in the office this week and next ... why do they start the games so damn late?
              Money. An 8pm East Coast start is still really early for the large (and therefore lucrative) West Coast TV markets. I was bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning though. That was because I overslept by three hours. It's never a good thing when the first thing you hear to start your day is your boss's voice. Oops.

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Go Sox!