The "drop off " (Read 771 times)

I've been having a lot of success with being dropped off and running back home. 

In fact, it's a real great way to get some good miles in without doing a loop.   And, you have no choice but to run home, right?

I've never really done this before, and I've been running a long time.  I find the whole thing really exciting.

- Anya

HermosaBoy

Never been "dropped off", but have done the commuter version.  Drop your car off at the shop and then run home...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Yup done the drop-off the car at the the shop and ran back home a couple of times.   Got a stern lecture back home for running on a no shoulder bridge for a hundred feet.  I am a regular daredevil.

npaden

I've done the drop off a couple times when the wind was blowing really bad.

If you want to feel pretty good about yourself get someone to drive you 10 miles into a brisk wind and then drop you off and run back home.

I did that a few months ago with a 20-30 mph North wind and I ran a full minute per mile faster than my normal pace and my avg heart rate was even down a little bit from normal.  I literally blew home.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

My DH dropped me off at the mall, and I ran home.  It was only 7.08 miles.   After I got home, I dropped him off at the same spot.  Isn't that funny?    Only difference, he did it in less than  40 minutes, and it took me an hour Sad 

- Anya

I've done the drop off a couple times when the wind was blowing really bad.

If you want to feel pretty good about yourself get someone to drive you 10 miles into a brisk wind and then drop you off and run back home.

I did that a few months ago with a 20-30 mph North wind and I ran a full minute per mile faster than my normal pace and my avg heart rate was even down a little bit from normal.  I literally blew home.

Ouch , I hate strong wind. It's my least favorite running condition.

- Anya

HermosaBoy

My DH dropped me off at the mall, and I ran home.  It was only 7.08 miles.   After I got home, I dropped him off at the same spot.  Isn't that funny?    Only difference, he did it in less than  40 minutes, and it took me an hour Sad 

DH was MOVING!!!  

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

jeffdonahue

Not sure I'd call it a drop off, but I have gone someplace with my family (shopping, to the in-laws) and then run home while they drove home.  I've never had someone drive out and drop me off just for the sake of running though.

L Train

I had a tough time when my oldest went out on the drop off.

DH was MOVING!!!  

He's fast.  Wish we could run together more often.  He's a good sport about it, but we are not on the same level at all.  I have all of his marathon t-shirts, but he hasn't done one in years.  He is a natural , and I am a chugger.

- Anya

I had a tough time when my oldest went out on the drop off.

OMG, so would I !!!!

- Anya

DoppleBock

I never have done this - But I can say when I run an out and back - Many times I wish I had run a little less out before coming back.  Specially before work in the morning when you are pushing the time limit to make it to work on time.  Just as long as you are not always being taken a direction you run back with the wind behind you - Learing to run into the wind (as much as it sucks) is a good thing. 

I've been having a lot of success with being dropped off and running back home. 

In fact, it's a real great way to get some good miles in without doing a loop.   And, you have no choice but to run home, right?

I've never really done this before, and I've been running a long time.  I find the whole thing really exciting.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

You know, the drop off is a really good idea that I should keep in mind for putting more excitement in my life.

I have been doing kind of the opposite fairly often.  DW drives to the gym with her bike on the car.  I run to the gym, shower, steal the car and drive to work.  She gets a longer gym workout, then bikes home.

He is a natural , and I am a chugger.

Hey don't down rate yourself.  "only"  7.08 miles in an hour is dang good too!!  come on now!

Sometimes I combine errands with my running depending on errands.  example:  yesterday stopped in at Lowe's to check on some prices for fence/deck stain & sprayers & then continued on with run.

today not a good example: dropped off truck for service & had choice to run home or have wife follow me in van.   choice was hwy-10 miles or narrow curving backroads-15 miles+.      got ride back from wife.  ha ha.  besides I have lots of yardwork to do anyway.  yeah I'm a wimp.

Hey don't down rate yourself.  "only"  7.08 miles in an hour is dang good too!!  come on now!

You know, I can't run more than 10 or 11 miles.  I never have.  Everytime I do, my IT band goes. Every single time. 

But, I do OK for a 45 year old.  (almost!)

DH is a natural Chi type runner, I sit when I get tired and just don't look like he does.  I look best running when I have a dog next to me :-) 

- Anya