2014 Holiday Running Streak (Read 554 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My streak continues indefinitely. Better yet, I will meet my December mileage goal (230 miles) tonight as DD and I do the first 10K half of the Last Run/First series.  First Run will lead off 2015 tomorrow.  We get beer, pretzels, and a crazy big medal for doing these. Smile

Congrats to all the streakers!

So here's that medal those medals I was talking about Smile

Thanks for running this show, Jancika!  Congrats everyone!  BTW, there's no rule saying your streak has to end today.  Just sayin'. Smile

TripleBock

Success - Sort of.  I ran every day and exceeded my goal - Hit 256.5 miles.  I just limped in the last week, nit really caring or trying.

Congrats to all!

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

-- Hit and exceeded the monthly running goal.  Best monthly miles in nearly a year.

-- Motivated to do a streak that continues from 1/1/2015 until... (as long as possible), hopefully to 12/31/15.

Congrats to everyone and thanks to the Original Poster for creating this thread.  It put me back on a track of higher miles + better results that I otherwise likely would not have done.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

joescott

Congrats to everyone who made it!

Sorry I'm late to check in.  Too many house guests throughout the holidays have kept me away from RA.  Anyway, I completed the streak.

MTA:  202 miles, I guess, for the Thanksgiving to New Year's streak.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

npaden

Thanks to Jancika for starting the thread and keeping up with everything!!!  

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

jfa

Congrats to all the finishers! Your fortitude is commendable.  I didn't make it but that's ok.

Thanks Jancika.

Happy New Year of running to all !

on my way to badass

Thanks Jancika!  I have 37 days (so far) and 84 miles(so far).  December was a rebuilding month for me.  73 miles, about double what November was.  I will keep on going as long as possible(barring illness or injury).

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

So here's that medal those medals I was talking about Smile

Thanks for running this show, Jancika!  Congrats everyone!  BTW, there's no rule saying your streak has to end today.  Just sayin'. Smile

Wow! Can you even carry it around your neck???

GinnyinPA

I'm on the road and couldn't check in.  I did a 32 day streak, starting the Sunday before Thanksgiving and then running every day until New Years except Christmas Day and New Years Eve.  Better than I expected. I beat my mileage goal by 3 miles.

FSBD

Sorry for not posting sooner.  I completed the streak with 300.2 miles in December and 331.2 miles for the time from Thanksgiving to New Years Day.  I finished the year with 2941.5 miles.  The streak is still going at 41 days and 384.2 miles but I will probably take a rest day soon.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Wow! Can you even carry it around your neck???

It's got three ribbons, so I think it's designed for a three-headed monster.

As it is, it's on display on my cube wall at work.

npaden

My streak ended last night.  Decided a happy wife was more important than a running streak.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

And mine ended today.  Just not feeling it lately.

steph  

CT JEFF

My streak ended last night.  Decided a happy wife was more important than a running streak.

Excuses. I almost forgot what they sounded like. I rounded 400+ days recently. It takes planning to get 1 mile in every day. Heck it almost takes me 10 full minutes some days to run that far. But somehow, if you want to do it, you will.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

It's possible that was the right decision.