14 min 5k , is that good enough. (Read 1139 times)

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

I do have other hobbies, rock and ice climbing, and mountaineering. I started running again to get back in shape.

Nice! Yeah I tried mountaineering once. I went out for a walk in Nepal one day and there was this big hill, so I thought what the heck, I'll walk to the top. When I got back down to the bottom everyone was high fiving me, saying I had just climbed some mountain or something. It was called Sheverest, or Meverest, something like that. I was just out for a walk but they all seemed to think it was a big deal.

Do you know a good mountaineering forum? i'll post my story there so they can tell me if I'm off to a good start in my new hobby.

I am sure Everest and K2 are in the response. I can see the future.  But I am sure he was just kicking some rocks and having a good ol time getting back into shape as he looked down onto the world from the peak of Everest.

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34

Not one 8k peak, brah. But have climbed the captain a couple if times, you do know the captain right.

JimR

I will unfriend the first person to post a picture of Tennille.  Angry

Tenille used to be hot.

kcam

Nice! Yeah I tried mountaineering once. I went out for a walk in Nepal one day and there was this big hill, so I thought what the heck, I'll walk to the top. When I got back down to the bottom everyone was high fiving me, saying I had just climbed some mountain or something. It was called Sheverest, or Meverest, something like that. I was just out for a walk but they all seemed to think it was a big deal.

Do you know a good mountaineering forum? i'll post my story there so they can tell me if I'm off to a good start in my new hobby.

Yeah that kinda shit happens to me all the time, specially if I'm just out walking along rockin' some Missing Person on the 'pod.

Slo

Not everyone can be a good runner. You can always do what many mediocre runners do and turn to triathlons.

That's the laugh I needed for today!

JimR

Tenille used to be hot.

Yeah, you remember her from back in the day, eh?

As matter of fact i do know of some climbing forums. Supertopo- primarily rock climbing though. Cascade climbers, Summitpost. Any of you been up Rainier, or the grand. Lighten up guys, just because i've never climbed Everest or K2 doesn't mean i don't climb. Everest via ABC is a trade route that ANYBODY can climb if you have enough money and time.

No i don't, i googled her name.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Oh, yeah, I'll be climbing Everest next year.  After I get my HM time down below three hours.Joking

RunnerRonny

Oh, yeah, I'll be climbing Everest next year.  After I get my HM time down below three hours.Joking

Wut, 3 hours. Facepalm.jpg

If ya got 60 geez to spare, then go for it. You guys are acting like everest is a big deal. Google the head wall and you'll see a line of "climbers" on it. Half'em have never even put on crampons before.

Wait, can anyone actually claim to be a climber if they haven't summited Olympus Mons in under 3 hours?

That would have to be done alpine style. Lets get back on track, some of you guys are hatin' on my time.